Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

This is great news. Just the other day I was thinking about mentioning a request for exactly this, but since my last one failed I didn't bother....

Hi allHi all - there are a few things I have noticed that I would like to see modelled.1) 'CABIN SECURE' message on the EICAS. I'm sure this could easily be modelled to appear randomly say 5-10 mins after setting flaps before takeoff or completing the after start checklist. This is something that you hardly ever see modelled on add-on aircraft unless you purchase 3rd party software and I really think it should be. It would add much more immersion to the environment and is included in most operaters checklists.

I can't believe it's been over a year since I wrote that (how time flies!). I know at the time Ryan said you would probably leave this to 3rd party developers, but in light of this recent news, have you changed your mind ?

Regards

Hi Rob and all,

Absolutely amazing. Great features being added. Many thanks for listening to your customers and bringing back the realistic fuelling. The more I see of this aircraft the better it gets.

I have one question for you Rob. You wrote

"In this image, the sharp-eyed observer will notice that the aft galley and forward galleys are being serviced through the 1R and 4L doorways"

I believe standard worldwide procedures for servicing A/C are done from the right hand side and Pax board from the left. Is it possible to change rear galley servicing to door 4R as apposed to door 4L.

I know this is pretty anal of me, but I am a stickler for real world procedures :rolleyes: !

keep up the good work

Cheers

neil

Boarding is not normally completed through 4L if attached to air bridge, so catering are free to use it depending on local procedures and airline.

Regards

Capt RSR,

Thank you for an excellent crew brief on this function.  My C.C. is at the ready, I have my number already to enter...... :blush: . :Big Grin:

My wife told me to stop drooling on my keyboard, again.  She said that she will not buy me another one due to slobbers. :help:

• Upvote 2

Harry Nelson

Thanks Ross,

I am sure you are correct. I work at LGW and LHR and was basing my comments on my experience and convention. Left side for Pax and right for services. As u say I'm sure if  4L is not in use it can be used for servicing. Out of interest do u know of any airlines that use 4L for servicing.

I love the fact that I am always learning new stuff on these forums. Shows I'm not as clever as I think I am. :lol: . Which is no bad thing.

Cheers

Neil

nawarren, on 13 Jul 2013 - 6:15 PM, said:

Hi Rob and all,

I believe standard worldwide procedures for servicing A/C are done from the right hand side and Pax board from the left. Is it possible to change rear galley servicing to door 4R as apposed to door 4L.

I know this is pretty anal of me, but I am a stickler for real world procedures :rolleyes: !

neil

Neil-

As a stickler for real world procedures, it might be beneficial if you adhere to that ever-so-delicate procedure of "don't talk above one's pay-grade or qualifications."

Here is why: I have been at this business a long time... I won't bore you with the details, but at one point in my career I was one of the key operational managers over the largest daily collection of 777s anywhere on the planet... (wow... that was a long time ago...holy smokes...)

I know a thing or two about such things- so lemme run you through a few details...

WorldWideWhat.jpg

This image is taken from a document we use when consulting with airlines on best practices for efficiently servicing the 777-200 body airplane. This graphic was prepared by Boeing for airport planers in order to help them understand the typical ground service layout that is used around this type of aircraft when planning gate envelopes.

In the case when we provide consultation to airlines regarding methods to best improve the efficiency of their ground handling, we use this graphic as a baseline, along with various pieces of planning software to map out precisely which pieces of equipment should be in which position around the airplane, in transition to/from stocking, or moving between positions on the airplane.

For example, the galleys on most 777 operations can be stocked from a single lift vehicle. This vehicle will move from 1R to 4R during the course of ground servicing, while the cabin cleaning lift will attach to the airplane at 4L, allowing the cleaning crews to clean tail to nose as passengers deplane, then restock nose to tail as they exit, allowing boarding to commence even if the schedules are tight....

So, Neil- I hope you have learned a couple things in this post. At PMDG we don't just make stuff up as we go along... B)

As I said, I have been at this for a long time... If you want to talk to me about a worldwide standard- you'd best come well prepared... After all- some of the most recognized airlines in the world trust my input on these things- so I have to be on top of my game...

• Upvote 25

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great response Captain. :wub:  :blush: 

• Upvote 1

Harry Nelson

You know, I'm gonna be honest here:  interesting as this ground ops twist sounds, if it delays release of the initial 777 product with "feature creep", I am not too keen on this at present.

Is this planned for a future version? 

Cheers.

spacer.png

gman1986, on 13 Jul 2013 - 2:35 PM, said:

Wow cool feature. Would be good to hear if this is to be implemented onto the NGX also?

Most likely with SP2, yes.

Chris F., on 13 Jul 2013 - 2:38 PM, said:

Realistic fuel loading times :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You guys can thank me for constantly harping on RSR to do this for you. "Customer advocate" is actually part of my job description here. :P

Heffron, on 13 Jul 2013 - 1:48 PM, said:

These features really add up to the realism of these addons. Now you can see the fueling is being done on your EICAS, the doors being opened and closed by cabin and ground crew, that is just awesome. This makes PMDG standing out above all others!

But indeed, the question how does this interact with AES/GSX? For example, i want to use AES for the pushback. Can the PMDG GND OPS Pushback be turned off or ignored?

You can set ground ops to manual mode and use GSX or AES to your heart's content. As RSR said we'll look at seeing if we can support those addons in some way (we'll have to talk to Aerosoft and Virtuali/FSDT about it) after release.

Helo_Head, on 13 Jul 2013 - 4:03 PM, said:

You know, I'm gonna be honest here: interesting as this ground ops twist sounds, if it delays release of the initial 777 product with "feature creep", I am not too keen on this at present.

Cheers.

Chris,

This feature is already in the airplane and completed. (RSR just showed it in full operation lol) Has been for quite a while - it's not "delaying" anything. We're well aware of the dangers of "feature creep" and that's not what was happening here - this is a feature that RSR came up with in his downtime while waiting for other parts of the airplane to be completed. This is common in a development process like this - often certain people have no remaining issues in the bug tracker while others still have a bunch and that allows them to come up with additions.

• Upvote 18

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

On the right cdu i see "dual jetway plug" whats that?? Thanks!! ;)

You know, I'm gonna be honest here:  interesting as this ground ops twist sounds, if it delays release of the initial 777 product with "feature creep", I am not too keen on this at present.

Cheers.

Chris-

I have taken precisely 4 days away from this project since 01DEC12.

Are you concerned that I am not already sick of sitting here on weekends tuning, testing, tweaking, adjusting- and thus might decide to add something new and delay the project (and any hope of a break for me and some other members of the team?)  Because I am VERY ready for this to be in your hands...

But I will not sacrifice product quality to make you happy in the short term.

And heck- if we suddenly decide something has to be added- it is probably for a pretty good reason...

This ain't our first time at the rodeo, as they say....  :P

Can someone explain what GPU 1 PLUG and GND 2 PLUG is as well as duel jetway plugs?

Ryan-

With an airplane of this size, it is most common for you to get two sources of ground power while you are parked.

For those that like the challenge of not having enough resources- you can select to have a single-plug external ground power unit available to you...

Or you have have a two-plug power unit from the terminal/jetbridge unit.  (These are the most common sources of ground power now at large modern airports that service airplanes of this category...)

In both cases, you can see either the GPU or the terminal power connection box outside the airplane and they plug in at the appropriate places...

Just another way to try and give you some options so you can operate the airplane realistically for the airport you are visiting...

• Upvote 18

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

This is all very exciting, I now am really looking

forward to hearing the Audio of this plane.

Ah, and of course a video or two.

Cheers, Rick

On the right cdu i see "dual jetway plug" whats that?? Thanks!! ;)

I might be very much on a limb here, and very wrong... But isn't it because the 777 has two ground power sources? EXT pwr primary and secondary. 

Check out this photo of the overhead: http://www.777project.com/images/photos_diagrams/OH_-_Switch_Panel.jpg

Looked at the wrong thing in the PMDG photo. Disregard what I said.

Robert what you folks have done is unbelieveable. for a old man like me. I had to give up flying because of the cost as we all know, When I discovered P M G D . Now life is worth living again.

My sweetheart is the 747 and now  747-8  but this 777 is going to blow all of us away.

Thanks for who you are!!!!!!!!

Faithfully yours  Bob Neil  63k

• Upvote 1

Wow cool feature. Would be good to hear if this is to be implemented onto the NGX also?

Most likely with SP2, yes.

Thanks for not forgetting about the NGX. It's nice to know that she is still being looked after.

• Upvote 5

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11