Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

Thanks for the update/preview.

Thanks for the new features coming with this plane as well as the refueling option.

One question: how will we know that the cabin is ready? Will it be a call or a chime or something else? Bonus question: I'm assuming the reverse happens when we land. Is this correct?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Here is why: I have been at this business a long time... I won't bore you with the details, but at one point in my career I was one of the key operational managers over the largest daily collection of 777s anywhere on the planet... (wow... that was a long time ago...holy smokes...)

How old is the picture in your avatar? You dont look THAT old lol

Kacper Nowotynski

thanks RSR made my weekend! this is a very nice feature indeed. another flightsim first from the legendary pmdg. well done chaps! looking 4ward to fly this bird!

Excellent feature and adds to the realism of actually flying a large modern airliner which is more about managing systems on the ground and in the air than heroic feats of stick and rudder skills!

I too hope this can be made to play nice with GSX. My only criticism of that program is the way you have to open and close doors for it and generally get distracted from the task of pre flight. If we could set PMDG ground ops to do its thing with the excellent vehicles from GSX doing their thing at the right time at the right door, that really would be excellent.

How old is the picture in your avatar? You dont look THAT old lol

Uhm... you know- that photo is...  13 years old now?  AHAHAHAHAH

Maybe I should take a new one that shows all they grey hair I got after getting married, having a daughter and managing THIS FORUM for all these years....

This is all frickin awesome.

Will it be included in the new Seven Four aswell?

But of course...

I'm guessing that it will keep expanding in what it does...  I've had some fun tinkering with different ideas for it.

Someone else asked about the CABIN READY comm message and associated chime:  You'll get that at some point after the door closes...  Depends on how fast they are working back there.  You might wait 3 seconds... you might wait significantly longer. 

:ph34r:

• Upvote 16

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Uhm... you know- that photo is...  13 years old now?  AHAHAHAHAH

...and I just realized that's the original IAD tower in that photo.  Yep.  Joined the forum 6 years ago to post here and just realized that.

Also, good to know I'm not the only person on this coast up on the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

This is the reason you wait for PMDG, this is an amazing feature and likely never seen before. This shows the absolute effect PMDG go to when creating aircraft. Bring on the 777! :D

I wish PMDG would make a 787 as well as all their amazing planes for X-Plane.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

gman1986, on 13 Jul 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:
gman1986, on 13 Jul 2013 - 2:35 PM, said:

Wow cool feature. Would be good to hear if this is to be implemented onto the NGX also?

Most likely with SP2, yes.

Can't thank you enough for this one!

Awesome features PMDG is offering us. Rob: A big thank you for the update.

I can't wait to hear that CABIN READY chime :D btw: will it be available on approach/ final, too?

Ohh ahh.

Rob, will a "Cabin Ready/Cabin Not Ready" plastic card become a part of the back of the pedestal in the NGX too?

Also any chance of adding options to Ground Ops to have it adjust the amount of self loading and/or non self loading freight at the appropriate times?

Then for the ultimate you could then have it ask for permission to board, and permission to close!

Oh dear... It never ends does it?