Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

Fantastic! PMDG never ceases to amaze!!!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Neil-

As a stickler for real world procedures, it might be beneficial if you adhere to that ever-so-delicate procedure of "don't talk above one's pay-grade or qualifications."

Here is why: I have been at this business a long time... I won't bore you with the details, but at one point in my career I was one of the key operational managers over the largest daily collection of 777s anywhere on the planet... (wow... that was a long time ago...holy smokes...)

I know a thing or two about such things- so lemme run you through a few details...

WorldWideWhat.jpg

This image is taken from a document we use when consulting with airlines on best practices for efficiently servicing the 777-200 body airplane. This graphic was prepared by Boeing for airport planers in order to help them understand the typical ground service layout that is used around this type of aircraft when planning gate envelopes.

In the case when we provide consultation to airlines regarding methods to best improve the efficiency of their ground handling, we use this graphic as a baseline, along with various pieces of planning software to map out precisely which pieces of equipment should be in which position around the airplane, in transition to/from stocking, or moving between positions on the airplane.

For example, the galleys on most 777 operations can be stocked from a single lift vehicle. This vehicle will move from 1R to 4R during the course of ground servicing, while the cabin cleaning lift will attach to the airplane at 4L, allowing the cleaning crews to clean tail to nose as passengers deplane, then restock nose to tail as they exit, allowing boarding to commence even if the schedules are tight....

So, Neil- I hope you have learned a couple things in this post. At PMDG we don't just make stuff up as we go along... B)

As I said, I have been at this for a long time... If you want to talk to me about a worldwide standard- you'd best come well prepared... After all- some of the most recognized airlines in the world trust my input on these things- so I have to be on top of my game...

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. Especially the diagram which shows Rear galley's serviced from Door 4R, not Door 4L. This being the point I was making. The diagram shows Door 4L as being used for aircraft cleaning. However in your original post you specifically mention 2R and  4L for galley servicing (not A/C cleaning). This is non standard operation, and differs from the diagram you have posted.

As for talking above my pay grade, I did not mean to be critical and hope I have not come across that way. It is a credit to you and your team that people like me can discuss such detailed features as these and see them implemented.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

Neil

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. Especially the diagram which shows Rear galley's serviced from Door 4R, not Door 4L. This being the point I was making. The diagram shows Door 4L as being used for aircraft cleaning. However in your original post you specifically mention 2R and  4L for galley servicing (not A/C cleaning). This is non standard operation, and differs from the diagram you have posted.

As for talking above my pay grade, I did not mean to be critical and hope I have not come across that way. It is a credit to you and your team that people like me can discuss such detailed features as these and see them implemented.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

Neil

Small correction.

'You specifically mention 2R'  (should read 1R)

Thanks

Neil

Hey, does anyone know if the NO ELECTRONICS memo on the upper display replaces the NO SMOKING or is that because the plane is being refuelled? How is that displayed in the cabin on the real plane?

Loving the look of this feature! Will make it so much more immersive of been in a busy airline environment during turns.

Meanwhile PMDG still teasing their customers and shilling on Facebook...

Seriously? Please don't start up with this crap again. Were over it. Nobody is teasing anyone..

Kacper Nowotynski

Meanwhile PMDG still teasing their customers and shilling on Facebook...

If you wish, PMDG can stop posting anything if that makes you feel better.

Seriously? Please don't start up with this crap again. Were over it. Nobody is teasing anyone..

Gents-

The fellow is an antagonist looking for attention.

Ignore...

Don't hand feed the trolls...

Etc...

Hi Rob,

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

Neil

Neil-

The galley/cabin service vehicles are interchangeable, and depending upon the airline the galley service will enter on the left to deconflict the staging of onload freight behind the left wing.

For the purpose of simmers, it doesn't matter- which I'm sure you are aware.

Do you want to continue this game?

Please- let us not pretend that my choice of words created your original post about a "worldwide standard."

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

The fellow is an antagonist looking for attention.

Ignore...

Don't hand feed the trolls...

Etc...

Neil-

The galley/cabin service vehicles are interchangeable, and depending upon the airline the galley service will enter on the left to deconflict the staging of onload freight behind the left wing.

For the purpose of simmers, it doesn't matter- which I'm sure you are aware.

Do you want to continue this game?

Please- let us not pretend that my choice of words created your original post about a "worldwide standard."

Sorry Im not following.. Maybe I misunderstood the person I quoted. Sorry..

Kacper Nowotynski

What's wrong with teasing and shilling?   :P

Oliver-

Shilling would appear to imply some level of deception or inappropriate intent... 

Teasing would appear to imply a desire to increase the general excitement for the product...

So... shilling...  no- i'm not seeing it.

Teasing?  Heck- of course.  That is the very basis of advertising in all forms.  I'm not sure why that is perceived to be wrong...  We want you to know that we are hard at work.  We want you to know that we are cooking up something WORTH BEING EXCITED ABOUT.

To complain otherwise is to have nothing credible to complain about- so...  Tantrum Time.

It gets rather boring, doesn't it?

<yawn>

Okay- back to bug hunting...

Sorry Im not following.. Maybe I misunderstood the person I quoted. Sorry..

Kacper-

No- you understood him correctly...  He was trolling.  I might have created confusion quoting you, rather than him...  Your "sniffer" was dead on.    ^_^

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Oliver-

Shilling would appear to imply some level of deception or inappropriate intent... 

Teasing would appear to imply a desire to increase the general excitement for the product...

So... shilling...  no- i'm not seeing it.

(...)

Robert,

at least I got my share of your attention ...   :LMAO:

(Hiding in a bookstore now, behind all those dictionaries.)

We have a test flight to make here shortly....

Ahh This is driving me insane I can't wait!!  :lol:

WORTH BEING EXCITED ABOUT.

Thanks for the good laugh... Well said!