Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

Kacper-

No- you understood him correctly... He was trolling. I might have created confusion quoting you, rather than him... Your "sniffer" was dead on. ^_^

Thanks for clarifing =)Im polish so I'm pretty easily confused...

Kacper Nowotynski

I'm really excited for this feature. Also, I'm glad pmdg are continuing to support the NGX like they said they would. Their attention to detail is just incredible.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

haha - wow.  You're so...valuable here.

Funny.  I'm willing to bet he'll buy it anyway.

• Upvote 11

Kyle Rodgers

Hey, does anyone know if the NO ELECTRONICS memo on the upper display replaces the NO SMOKING or is that because the plane is being refuelled? How is that displayed in the cabin on the real plane?

If I had to take a guess - I'd say you're correct. When I flew with ANZ, they actually have an Electronics sign in place of the no smoking. However, I'm sure it's controlled in the Cabin - since in the flight deck I can only remember seeing a seatbelt sign. The video I took didn't have the overhead so I cannot be certain.

Considering how many EICAS/Memo Messages there are in the manual (don't envy when PMDG had to model that!) I'll take a look for it and see if I can find the definition.

I know Rob wouldn't turn off the No Smoking sign - right? (-;

Then for the ultimate you could then have it ask for permission to board, and permission to close!

That's actually a feature in the Comm page. Not sure how many airlines actually use it though.

Teasing?  Heck- of course.  That is the very basis of advertising in all forms.  I'm not sure why that is perceived to be wrong..

I think because in the case of PMDG it's almost entirely unnecessary.  This is in no way meant as an offensive comment but you guys could release the FSX default 777 and people would queue to buy it for $100.

I know that i for one will buy as soon as i can, it gives you (as a company) quite a lot of power over the community.

Ian R Tyldesley

it gives you (as a company) quite a lot of power over the community.

I do not think that PMDG is looking for power, just trying to give us a great aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Harry Nelson

Very nice addition to the Triple Seven. I hope I can still use AES with that. If the Ground Ops and AES could work together, that would be amazing.

• Upvote 1

Mihkel Kiil

I do not think that PMDG is looking for power, just trying to give us a great aircraft.

Just to make this very clear, in no way i say they wanted any power, just by virtue of the previous releases they have gained a stellar reputation.  I for one will look again at X-Plane when PMDG develop an aircraft for it.  That is basically what i was implying.

Ian R Tyldesley

Okay- back to bug hunting...

Ill be happy to fly and bug hunt your 777.

Ok that was a low shot in the dark. Worth a try though .  :lol:

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

on the 777 when we use CTRL +j to call the jetway, will it go to door 2L by default? Also, if using jetway power, will a power cord be visible connecting the aircraft to the jetway? If you're on a hard stand, will it know that jetway power is not an option and to only let you use a GPU? I know those are specific questions, but I'm curious!

• Upvote 1

So, Neil- I hope you have learned a couple things in this post. At PMDG we don't just make stuff up as we go along... B)

As I said, I have been at this for a long time... If you want to talk to me about a worldwide standard- you'd best come well prepared... After all- some of the most recognized airlines in the world trust my input on these things- so I have to be on top of my game...

Oh, dear... Looks like someone has been Randazzo'd pretty comprehensively. Poor soul; Lord have mercy on those who find themselves on the receiving end of RSR's sarcasm stick. ^_^

• Upvote 2

Amazing! Equally amazing that you will keep updating the NGX!

PMDG is just too cool!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is just awesome!   :biggrin: I could try and put in words how excited I am, but this sums it up pretty aptly:

Most likely with SP2, yes.

Great news, thanks a million...  :biggrin: I can see this being a great feature on a SH airliner that does multiple turns.  :biggrin:

Regards,

Ró.

• Upvote 1

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Oh, dear... Looks like someone has been Randazzo'd pretty comprehensively. Poor soul; Lord have mercy on those who find themselves on the receiving end of RSR's sarcasm stick. ^_^

Sarcasm from RSR? Never :lol:

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sarcasm from RSR? Never :lol:

Im pretty sure he is really fed up with the trollz around here.

Kacper Nowotynski