Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

So since the real time refueling is back, and there's the fuel temp gauge right there... I gotta ask.  After a nice long flight, when the fuel is cold, will the new fuel affect the fuel temp as it hits the tanks?

I'm leaning with "yes" since you guys have covered everything I can think of.

• Upvote 1

Imagine if temerature changes the fuel density. that would be nuts

Kacper Nowotynski

Cant wait to fly this bird, Just spent $7.77 cents on apples at the grocery store then fueled up with diesel, coincidently the price also ended in a 77, to much coincidence, I need to own a 777. Thanks again for the update Rob.

• Upvote 1

Got a hundred dollars squirreled away for this but sooner or later the prone-to-violence-cop-wife is bound to find it...hurry up for initial release please or a severe beating will be upon me.

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

I think fuel will work fine. Just wait until the process starts to fuel, then call GSX fuel. I have the time on mine modified so it takes a while. Shrug. I will make it work. All. I love pushing buttons anyways and seeing things appear.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Got a hundred dollars squirreled away for this but sooner or later the prone-to-violence-cop-wife is bound to find it...hurry up for initial release please or a severe beating will be upon me.

Brother, you should take my approach at new releases. What usually happens is I buy on the SECOND day, because the first day I

1:) Bring flowers home from work

2:) Find a babysitter for a couple hours

3:) Take Her out to eat or a movie

Day two of release, while She is bragging how good of a husband I am, I spend $100 on an addon, for a $20 game. Lol

Sent from my Apple communications device.

• Upvote 4

Not a bad plan of attack, William, in my case I also need to hide her sig sauer to be on the safe side.

spacer.png

Not a bad plan of attack, William, in my case I also need to hide her sig sauer to be on the safe side.

just get a desert eagle to defend yourself. lol jk

Kacper Nowotynski

That sounds about right although gate ops holds boarding until we are completely off the plane (which is rare since we are usually off about an hour before boarding) but we always use 4L. Gate gourmet uses both 2R and 4R at the same time but then again things may vary from airline to airline.

Alex, where do you fly out of at KPWK? That's my home base as well.

Alex, where do you fly out of at KPWK? That's my home base as well.

I was taking flying lessons out there until they got put it on hold due to financial reasons. 

Deleted: wrong post in the wrong thread. the danger of posting with very low Caffeine level  :lol:

Just curious, what would be the other half (not-yet-baked) of that feature, in your opinion?!?

Just a troll, ignore him.

Good thing I'm single lol

Hi Robert . . . that's really neat. Just a few questions. Will we be able to use some variation of this feature when we are starting a flight, rather than doing a turnaround, perhaps starting with the doors open, then having fuel uploaded and the doors button up? And will it work under accelerated time so we can take on a heavy fuel load but have to wait the 40 to 50 mins it might take to load. (And sincere apologies to the realists among us here. I know this seems to take the functionality of this feature but I'm arm-wrestling two teens for computer time). 

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to learning this bird. 

(And sincere apologies to the realists among us here. I know this seems to take the functionality of this feature but I'm arm-wrestling two teens for computer time). 

I have a feeling there will be a feature like the NGX where it'll be instantly there to save you the time of waiting, specifically for those who don't want to spend the pre-departure time.

...and it sounds like you're really easy on your kids.  My dad would've just told me to deal with it and go outside.

Kyle Rodgers