Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

Sorry to jump slightly off topic....I use GSX with the NGX but I never use the fuelling feature as I thought this wasn't supported? Something to do with the NGX fuel being external to FSX's internal fuel "tanks"?

Something to do with the NGX fuel being external to FSX's internal fuel "tanks"?

GSX doesn't actually add fuel, so it's fine.  It's only added in as a "nice" feature where a fuel truck happens to stop by your aircraft for even less time than it takes to fill a car's tank.  It's rather worthless, actually.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

GSX doesn't actually add fuel, so it's fine.  It's only added in as a "nice" feature where a fuel truck happens to stop by your aircraft for even less time than it takes to fill a car's tank.  It's rather worthless, actually.

Fair enough, so I'm not really missing out then. Glad to see the real-time refuelling back with the 777 though, I love this feature in the MD11.

• Upvote 3

(And sincere apologies to the realists among us here. I know this seems to take the functionality of this feature but I'm arm-wrestling two teens for computer time). 

I also wrestle with two teens for computer time, but thing is they also want to use FSX, so invariably the wrestling is over who get's to be Captain...  :blush:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Will we be able to use some variation of this feature when we are starting a flight, rather than doing a turnaround, perhaps starting with the doors open, then having fuel uploaded and the doors button up?

Really good question...I'm curious to know this too.  I always do a reboot between every single flight no matter if it's an immediate turn or not so that I always have the "freshest" Win7/FSX instance possible.  So, how will this work in situations like that?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I also wrestle with two teens for computer time, but thing is they also want to use FSX, so invariably the wrestling is over who get's to be Captain...  :blush:

Regards,

Ró.

Augmented crew!

And now you can use it as leverage. Be good or else... you will be doing cruise relief for the rest of the month!

• Upvote 8

...and it sounds like you're really easy on your kids.  My dad would've just told me to deal with it and go outside.

Clearly I need better procedures for a secure cockpit while in flight to keep the kids at bay. With the 737NGX, the division of computer time has worked out not bad. Just wait 'til I start my long-hauls with the 777.

Augmented crew!

And now you can use it as leverage. Be good or else... you will be doing cruise relief for the rest of the month!

Currently threatening to take away my ALPS EFB works a treat if they don't behave, but I'll have to try that one...  ^_^

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Incredibly cool feature.  I love how PMDG keeps adding little things like this in each successive release to further improve the immersion for simmers.  Can't wait for the simulation of the bus that takes the pilot from the hotel to the terminal....perhaps on the next product!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Clearly I need better procedures for a secure cockpit while in flight to keep the kids at bay. With the 737NGX, the division of computer time has worked out not bad. Just wait 'til I start my long-hauls with the 777.

haha - yeah, that could get interesting.  I'm pretty sure I would've gotten:

"You're a kid, you need to be outside." (all the way up through college, which is when I had both freedom and a laptop)

"When you're rich enough to buy your own computer, you won't have to worry about it."

...or something similar.

I'll have to make a mental note to keep one of my laptops for the future, just in case I need an extra comp.

Kyle Rodgers

:good:

Now, just model a random, though surprisingly large, chance of having a passenger too drunk to be let onboard (or something similar) and having the ground crew to dig the bag (always the one in the bottom rear row in the container, in the container one not usually at the door).

;)

Seriously, way to go!

-

Arto Karhu

I also wrestle with two teens for computer time, but thing is they also want to use FSX, so invariably the wrestling is over who get's to be Captain... :blush:

Regards,

Ró.

My house is always empty like a cargo jet so no need to even close the cockpit door let alone secure it lol

This "petite bouche" don't avoid our hungry... When PMDG 777 will be release?

When it's done! ... and not a moment before 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Regards,

Ró.

Add to the cost of building a new FSX computer, plus addons and hardware is the cost of keeping the rest of the family away from my stuff.  I got each of the teenagers their own laptop, an Imac for "family use" and a few ipads for good measure.  Well at least my "office" of off limits to all !!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000