Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

Add to the cost of building a new FSX computer, plus addons and hardware is the cost of keeping the rest of the family away from my stuff.  I got each of the teenagers their own laptop, an Imac for "family use" and a few ipads for good measure.  Well at least my "office" of off limits to all !!!

They already have their own laptops... However there's only the one FS PC as I'm not spending all that money again on 3 different computers along with 3 different licenses for all the add-ons I own, so Augmented crew it is...  :mellow:  :rolleyes:  I only wish it were that easy...  :blush:  :wacko:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

They already have their own laptops... However there's only the one FS PC as I'm not spending all that money again on 3 different computers along with 3 different licenses for all the add-ons I own, so Augmented crew it is...  :mellow:  :rolleyes:  I only wish it were that easy...  :blush:  :wacko:

Regards,

Ró.

Bet they love it when you're next flight is to America.... ^_^

• Upvote 1

Bet they love it when you're next flight is to America.... ^_^

You have no idea, you'll see my roster pinned up on the fridge door and scribbled in beside it who's getting the computer those days...  :mellow:

• Upvote 4

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

You have no idea, you'll see my roster pinned up on the fridge door and scribbled in beside it who's getting the computer those days...  :mellow:

Haha Thats hilarious.  Your household sounds awesome Ro.

• Upvote 1

When I discovered P M G D
Does this stand for Plane Makers Gone Dizzy?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

:lol:  :lol:  :P

• Upvote 1

It stands for Phil May Get Deferential ...    :P

(Why don't I, BTW?)

Olli, I am you DAD.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I was taking flying lessons out there until they got put it on hold due to financial reasons.

Hope you can finish soon. Did you solo?

It stands for Phil May Get Deferential

Wasn't there also a tennis related acronym for PMDG Ollie lol?

Chris Sunseri

falcon999, on 16 Jul 2013 - 5:29 PM, said:

Hope you can finish soon. Did you solo?

No, I only have about 4 hours and couldn't afford anymore. I'm gonna give that up for a while and push to be either a Flight Attendant or an aircraft mechanic.

Wasn't there also a tennis related acronym for PMDG Ollie lol?

This is not the acronym, but:

I was about to call 'Game, Set 'n' Match: PMDG' ... then all of a sudden Robert went into a T7 tie-break!   :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

For those wondering about GSX. If you know your software you bought inside and out, you know that you can select every door and positions availability, turn off or on that annoying reminder beep, customize how long it takes for each position to complete, and enable or disable door checks which allow the task to initiate and terminate. My guess is that you could simply turn off the ground services offered by PMDG just prior to pushback, and command GSX pushback for that ever so stunning and beautiful push that GSX gives us.

All we will possibly need to deal with ( :( <- sad face) are a) fuel trucks leaving our beloved aircraft WAY too early. b ) catering minions sitting up there blocking roadways around our aircraft. c) luggage loading completing early or not completing on time. I can live with all of that.

I'm simply speechless about this new feature (except for the words above and that follow). This is simply above and beyond. It's VERY thoughtful about the flow in the cockpit. Think about it. How many times have you been doing short little hops in your NGX, but you can never get OTP like the real carriers because you're fiddling with GSX?

Bring it on, we are ready to tackle her.