Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

13JUL13 - Nifty little feature in the 777...

Guys, I don't really want to talk about chocolate, but what's your favorite chocolate?

Do you or don't you want to talk about release dates, because I'm honestly confused by your post.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk.. Obviously!!

• Upvote 2

Cadbury's Dairy Milk.. Obviously!!

Oh, obvs!  haha

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

I guess the best chocolate, no matter what brand is, will be the one eaten while flying the 777......... With a lot of beer and nuts :)

• Upvote 1

Nah, yeer all wrong, Butler's Chocolate is the yummiest...   

I suppose it's a little too far to toss one to me from AR6, yeah?

Actually, I'm not even sure if you're still on that route.  The last time I heard anything about you in MCO was that one post from a while back when one of the guys met you for a flight over here.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I suppose it's a little too far to toss one to me from AR6, yeah?

Actually, I'm not even sure if you're still on that route. The last time I heard anything about you in MCO was that one post from a while back when one of the guys met you for a flight over here.

Yeh, still doing the MCO run, last one was about 3 months ago, so I'm due another one in 2 or so months... It's not a popular route so we divide it up pretty evenly among the A330 skippers so we only typically have to do it 2-3 times a year... :rolleyes:

Not sure what excuse I could come up with to throw some to you... "We need to lose some weight for this landing quick!!! This box of chocolates, now, out the window!!! Okay, we're light enough now, it was only 500g we were heavy by... :mellow: " I think I'd be in for the tea and biscuits if I tried that one... And I'm not all that sure of my aim from, what, about 25,000' at that point(Jackson right?)? :huh: :P

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I think I'd be in for the tea and biscuits if I tried that one... And I'm not all that sure of my aim from, what, about 25,000' at that point?   

Just dump it out.  I'll follow the news vans to wherever it lands if it misses.  There are two big lakes as a nice target, too.

I'll work out the reroute somehow...

(though, looking at the normal route to AR6, I'm sure our ATC facilities are more than happy with that one - it avoids all the FL to NY/BOS north-south flows)

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I know what I'll do, I'll climb down into the avionics bay to check the hatch, drop it out the hatch, then announce that the hatch was lose and I fixed it and saved the day, it's a win-win scenario... ^_^

I wouldn't be too worried about deviating off track, I'll just spot a cloud or something and make a very elaborate diversion around it...

Or I could just travel up and give some to you... That'd probably be less risky... :mellow:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Guys, I don't really want to talk about chocolate, but what's your favorite chocolate?

Do you or don't you want to talk about release dates, because I'm honestly confused by your post.

Sorry I was unclear. Yes I was curious about the general consensus regarding release dates but I didn't want to make it into a big deal.

The point of Ground Ops is to automate the functions related to servicing, offloading, onloading, fueling and pushing the airplane back for an On-Time departure.  Most of you are used to doing all of these things by yourself and having to remember the mundane tasks such as closing the cargo doors and plugging your fuel load into the tanks.

Here is how it works:

Insert "send Ryan outside to do all the work" joke here :)

Me, I would want 90 minutes just to walk around a 777 and take pics, forget about turnaround!!

-Paul Solk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

All these nifty little features, surely the 777 is going to be the best aircraft ever for FSX. Just wondering about the price tho....(checks wallet...has wallet shot!)

Insert "send Ryan outside to do all the work" joke here :)

Me, I would want 90 minutes just to walk around a 777 and take pics, forget about turnaround!!

-Paul Solk

Hmmm...don,t forget what you should be looking for... oil spots on the ground underneath engines, check flight control surfaces are "drooping". They should be if hydraulic supply (no engine power) is gone! Its not impossible for strong crosswinds to warp spoilers etc so they don't settle in to the wing correctly. If you don,t notice the small chance of this happening...good luck on take-off!

Yeh, still doing the MCO run, last one was about 3 months ago, so I'm due another one in 2 or so months... It's not a popular route so we divide it up pretty evenly among the A330 skippers so we only typically have to do it 2-3 times a year... :rolleyes:

Not sure what excuse I could come up with to throw some to you... "We need to lose some weight for this landing quick!!! This box of chocolates, now, out the window!!! Okay, we're light enough now, it was only 500g we were heavy by... :mellow: " I think I'd be in for the tea and biscuits if I tried that one... And I'm not all that sure of my aim from, what, about 25,000' at that point(Jackson right?)? :huh: :P

Regards,

Ró.

Ró, are you ever doing the JFK flight? I'm from the NYC area and am frequently out near JFK and whenever I look up and see one of the several daily EI flights, I can't help but hope that you're up there in the left seat.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Hey Rob,

This new feature is so cool, really looking to forward to its release and its innovation over time. 

Was curious though about the airport diagram and description you posted.....do you have any more?? I think we all would love to just see/read anything you post on the subject. I know you are super busy and Im sure you dont want to start a lecture series with us, but it was super cool and interesting so if you have more and want to throw them up on here, we would love to read. 

Rock on!!

Max d

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot