Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Still the Queen of the Skies in my book!

Still the sweetest heavy there is at least in FS9!!   :) 

This is a flight from Anchorage to DHL's US gateway hub in Cincinnati, Ohio.  (KCVG).  

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Never seen this Livery. Interesting.  Yeah 747 can never be replaced.

Never seen this Livery. Interesting.  Yeah 747 can never be replaced.

Only by the new version that PMDG is making.  Of course that won't be for FS9.

But, honestly, I don't think there is any other airliner that is more impressive to see than the 747.

There is an Atlas Air Cargo 747 that goes over my house pretty low, every now and then, and you can be sure that I drop whatever I'm doing and run outside and watch it go by.

Only by the new version that PMDG is making.  Of course that won't be for FS9.

But, honestly, I don't think there is any other airliner that is more impressive to see than the 747.

There is an Atlas Air Cargo 747 that goes over my house pretty low, every now and then, and you can be sure that I drop whatever I'm doing and run outside and watch it go by.

Yeah I hear you. I live right down the flight path for Chicago Ohare International Runway 10L, so I see everything from private jets, 787 747 777 737 757 767 etc and in all sorts of liveries so I sit on my balcony and just watch them as they fly over at about 1500ft on final.  I actually monitored the first United Airlines 787 flight and  waited as it flew over, it was just amazing.

Yeah I hear you. I live right down the flight path for Chicago Ohare International Runway 10L, so I see everything from private jets, 787 747 777 737 757 767 etc and in all sorts of liveries so I sit on my balcony and just watch them as they fly over at about 1500ft on final.  I actually monitored the first United Airlines 787 flight and  waited as it flew over, it was just amazing.

flight simmers must be the only breed that would actively seek out a house directly under the approach path at the worlds busiests airports  :p0503:

ZORAN

Thanks for the comments on the shots guys.  That livery is what Polars charters for DHL look like.  (DHL has ownership interest in Polar along with Atlas Air.)  I work for DHL and see these when I am in Asia.  You can see these all the time in Japan and Hong Kong along with similar liveries for DHL charters from Air HongKong.     I created this one for my own use, though I think a very similar one is available in the library?   As for the approach paths in ORD yes...awesome.  When in Chicago and picking up a rental car from National, many times you are RIGHT under the approach path to one of the runways and I have had Southern Air 744's come in at hair parting level before... :-) 

Eric

How crazy am I?  I just bought FS9.  I keep seeing gorgeous shots like this and elsewhere.  I'm going to keep it on its own little SSD and piddle and fiddle.  I'm also very interested in the AI aspects of FS9 and the fact that you can get in and tweak your files a lot more than you can in FSX.  FS9 is still alive!

Thanks for the great image, Eric

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I beta tested FSX and liked it ok.  However, I have an FS9 build that is so highly tweaked with so much payware and freeware installed that I have no heart to kill it off for the sake of doing so.    Sooner or later, I will need to upgrade this PC, which is starting to get long in the tooth processor wise, so when I do that,  I may go for a new win7 based rig.   Thats when some hard decisions are gonna need to get made, but yes,  FS9 is still plenty of stick for me.  

Eric

I'm also very interested in the AI aspects of FS9 and the fact that you can get in and tweak your files a lot more than you can in FSX.

Just curious as to what AI tweaking your speaking of that you can do

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You can see these all the time in Japan and Hong Kong along with similar liveries for DHL charters from Air HongKong.

I saw a pair of em in Narita a couple weeks back.  Nice looking paint!

Chris Sunseri