Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Airbus extended overspeed problem

I don't fly airbuses normally I usually fly Boeing, and my issues are in flight, the two times I get overspeed are randomly when flying at my flight altitude. Also it happens when I'm trying to descend, my issue is, the airplane goes up when it over speeds, so it's near impossible for me to figure out how to land it. Does anyone have any advice on how to counter this problem?

Try bringing the throttle back to idle then back to CL to adhere to speed command after about 1500 - you should see it turn to speed on the mfd - landing should not be a problem after you have gotten the aircraft to settle down after take off, use your speed button for the rest of the flight until landed.

I had this problem also drove me crazy but after you figure it out its a blast, hang in there its worth it.

Rich Sennett

First thing you need to understand is the Airbus throttle is very much unlike the Boeings. The Airbus throttle have detent positions that are used by the computers to determine thrust. They must be in the proper positions for AT to perform properly.

It did kind of. I still get the overspeed issue too often.basically the only way I can fly this thi g is with the speed brakes on half the flight. It doesn't seem to help all that much. There are still huge jumps in speed.

It did kind of. I still get the overspeed issue too often.basically the only way I can fly this thi g is with the speed brakes on half the flight. It doesn't seem to help all that much. There are still huge jumps in speed.

I use REX as my weather engine (it does the job but I would recommend Active Sky) and whenever it updates the weather, I usually get big wind changes which cause whatever I'm flying to jolt one way or another and overspeed. After I turned on wind smoothing, that pretty much stopped.

If you're using REX, that might be you're issue.