Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Spanning The VC with a Single GTX 560 ti

Hi Chaps,

I just purchased a second 27" monitor that is paired up with my old 27" (both running at 1920x1080 res).  I am trying to get the VC to span across both screens.  I have tried everything...both monitors are recognized in the FSX display setting screen, and I have them set up in Win 7 to "extend these displays."  I go in to FSX, load up a plane, switch to windowed mode, drag the VC across both screens to fit, and I get the dreaded black screen on the right side monitor.  It's a problem of resolution...I can't figure out how to get my computer to see both screens as one large 3840x1080 screen.  From what I've read on various forums, it seems that I need to use nVidia surround for this, but it seems that my video card requires that I have 2 cards in SLI configuration?  Am thinking correctly?  Is there something else I need to do that I haven't yet?  Thanks!

Paul

Hi Chaps,

I just purchased a second 27" monitor that is paired up with my old 27" (both running at 1920x1080 res).  I am trying to get the VC to span across both screens.  I have tried everything...both monitors are recognized in the FSX display setting screen, and I have them set up in Win 7 to "extend these displays."  I go in to FSX, load up a plane, switch to windowed mode, drag the VC across both screens to fit, and I get the dreaded black screen on the right side monitor.  It's a problem of resolution...I can't figure out how to get my computer to see both screens as one large 3840x1080 screen.  From what I've read on various forums, it seems that I need to use nVidia surround for this, but it seems that my video card requires that I have 2 cards in SLI configuration?  Am thinking correctly?  Is there something else I need to do that I haven't yet?  Thanks!

Paul

Hi  Paul.

Yes, Win7 by it's self will not let you use dual monitors as one.

Nvidia needs three for surround.

ATI Eyefinity will do two, I think.

What card do you have?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

"What card do you have?"

Oops, just re-read the post title.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.