Sign in to follow this  
EzRyder

Basix Cub Addons still there After Uninstall?

OK most of you know I'm having Crash problems, so I removed all my repaints (2 Days ago) but just realized that 'Bluebell' & 'O'l Yellow' Basic (no vc) are still in my Hanger   ???

These aren't Default Paints are they?

Some Background:  I bought the cub dlx before I got the Alaska Pack, so I never saw the Basic Aircraft in my Hanger (I did have the Preview installed before I bought the Cub) until I installed the Basix Cub addon and another repaint that required it ( I was kind of surprised to see it show up but didn't think much about it)

The really strange thing is there is no guid directory for this addon - I looked thinking it just didn't remove the addon correctly, so I wanted to delete it manually.  Does this addon modify an existing payware DLC?  I sure wouldn't think so - and certainly hope not !!

Edit - No it doesn't - had a backup of the addon from right after install so manually replaced the cub directory (786C79E0D4E4028749854F20655DD40DDE80F7FF) and the Basic Cubs are still there :0  So were are the files ??

Anyway just letting you know of this - doubt it has anything to do with my other issues (why I posted in a new topic) and not worried about how to "fix" it since I am going to do a clean install Monday (Plan on wiping out all known directories/files)

If I remember right, those basic cubs do install with Alaska scenery, so they can not be removed, unless you uninstall Alaska.

-eelis-

I bought the cub dlx before I got the Alaska Pack, so I never saw the Basic Aircraft in my Hanger

They did not show up until after installing the addons

Are the "Bluebell" & "Ol Yellow" Default Paint schemes?

I thought they were addons

Edit - Looking at the Download section I guess they are default

From the Addon description:

The Basix Cubs Livery pack is a simple porting of the liveries from the basic Carbon Cub included with Alaska, to the Carbon Cub DLX.

The basic cubs should show up when you install Alaska.  Having the deluxe cubs does not hide them in the hangar because they have different paint jobs.  Maybe you just never noticed them?