Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

How is Flightbeam's KSFO scenery (for FS9)

I would like to know how is Flightbeam's San Francisco scenery? I have Fly Tampa's version of KFSO which is good, but is it worth switching to the Flightbeam scenery?

This is the first and only FS9 scenery from Flightbeam.

It supports AES as does FlyTampa. 

Yes it does have better textures than Fly Tampa but at the cost of frames.

I bought it on special but would never invest in it at list. 'Course if you flew into KSFO every day it would be a fine investment however, just like KLAX down the road, newer doesn't always mean better.

I think it is a very well done rendition for KSFO. I have not noticed any frame rate issues (not to say that this has not been a concern for others). I am very happy with this scenery. The only regret is to say is that I am sorry the developer stopped offering sceneries  for FS9. That, however is just how it goes.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

It is nice, but I can't get the jetways to show up for me.  Flightbeam has stopped developing for FS9 so I would say stick to Fly Tampa, it is just a tad bit less quality than the flightbeam one. I wish Fly Tampa would re do some of the older products like they did Tampa.  In my opinion, their Tampa reloaded is one of the best products on the market.. Very good eye candy with no hit to the frames.

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

I am not to concerned about framerates. My computer can handle any scenery pretty good without becoming a slide show.

I think it is a very well done rendition for KSFO. I have not noticed any frame rate issues (not to say that this has not been a concern for others). I am very happy with this scenery. The only regret is to say is that I am sorry the developer stopped offering sceneries  for FS9. That, however is just how it goes.

It is to bad they don't make more FS9 scenery. I would love to have a good Phoenix scenery. The last FS9 scenery I had for Phoenix was made by Simflyers!

It is to bad they don't make more FS9 scenery. I would love to have a good Phoenix scenery. The last FS9 scenery I had for Phoenix was made by Simflyers!

I was in the same boat. There's a great freeware rendition of KPHX located here on Avsim that I use instead of the Simflyer's version. It looks pretty good at least until the merger happens then the hangers will have to be re-branded yet again.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2