Sign in to follow this  
adi518

kinda surprised no proper an-225 is available

hmm...

one of the awesome birds there is and not a single dev took on it yet? strange.

don't you think? :)

UR-82060-Antonov-Airlines-Antonov-Design

Guess it's too big, too many polygons. ^_^ Didn't know about the free one though, thanks for the tip, Guy.

Yep, I've seen that one Guy. :)

While freeware is well respected, it's very often not nearly as good as high quality payware.

Perhaps devs like Captain Sim or Milviz could be interested in the rare 225 as a payware release. Both offer older or not so common models (referring to the rw planes) and show quite some skill when it comes to analogue gauges and the actual atmosphere on the old school flight decks.

exactly!

I thought it's definitely an important bird to have as payware.. it's so odd there isn't one yet.

Perhaps devs like Captain Sim or Milviz could be interested in the rare 225 as a payware release. Both offer older or not so common models (referring to the rw planes) and show quite some skill when it comes to analogue gauges and the actual atmosphere on the old school flight decks.

He was talking about a PROPER model, not a waste of money :P

Give the freeware a try ! I am sure you will be astonished !  :smile:

I like the Thomas Ruth AN-225, but there are a few drawbacks. 1) There's no custom sound set for the AN-225 available. 2) Most gauges in the flight deck are default ones. 3) The FDE is not very good. 4) There's no complexity whatsoever. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

FSX does not support more than 4 engines. The only thing to do this "properly" would be to externalize everything, controls, engine model, at least parts of FM.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I like the Thomas Ruth AN-225, but there are a few drawbacks. 1) There's no custom sound set for the AN-225 available.

There is a soundet here (it is for Fs9, but works in Fsx also) :

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=lotarev_d-18t.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

It is also worth noting that there is ONLY ONE AN-225 flying in RW.

There was a second one in the builds, but it was never completed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-225_Mriya

Guy

I like the Thomas Ruth AN-225, but there are a few drawbacks. 1) There's no custom sound set for the AN-225 available. 2) Most gauges in the flight deck are default ones. 3) The FDE is not very good. 4) There's no complexity whatsoever. 

Agreed, plus the VC textures confuse me because of the "pseudo-cyrillic" letters.

While AN-225 is special I would rather see some skilled devs starting to make some commonly used Russian birds that we are currently lacking for FSX, such as YAK-40, YAK-42, TU-134, IL-96, IL-76 and such...

I think the main problem is that in Russia FSX never became quite as popular as FS2004, thus most of the high quality simulations of Russian aircraft are for FS2004. For devs who don't know any Russian simulating these aircraft would be quite difficult unless they have someone who knows it working with them.