Sign in to follow this  
Moe

I seen a UFO in MS Flight !

I really don't know what I saw. This is what happened. I was on my way in the RV6a at 170kts heading north from Ketchikan just east of Sitka in multiplayer. All of a sudden this diamond shaped thing overtook me at about double my speed. It even looked a bit like an F117. I looked in map mode to see what the plane was. Don't remember the guys name but the plane was listed as unknown and the image was that diamond/F117 looking thing. The only plane I didn't own was the C46. (I bought it since)

Any Ideas?

Moe  

Every livery you don't have shows also as ufo.

-eelis-

Any aircraft or livery that you don't have downloaded will show up as a UFO/triangle/F-117 as you said. If it was going faster than you it most likely was a warbird, simply in a custom paintjob. Lots of custom paintjobs for the warbirds and I'm sure if you asked the person flying the "UFO" he would gladly direct you to where you could download it so you could see and enjoy the paint yourself.

Ah. Thanks guys. This makes sense. It as also very bad news for me. I was looking forward to flying with the MSFlights folks tonight for the first time. They most certainly will have custom paints. I can't get addon manager to work because my install is all from Steam so I guess I am SOL.

Now I know

Moe

What type of error is it giving you? We'll be flying with default paints for the Alaska Hops, but I may set up some events that require repaints.

Moe, is your Flight installer in a steam library folder other than the default one?  The tools should install properly if you have Flight installed on the default path.  I am still looking into how to make it work on the non default paths.

I installed to the default. The addon manager opens It just wont let me do anything.

Moe

I really don't know what I saw. This is what happened. I was on my way in the RV6a at 170kts heading north from Ketchikan just east of Sitka in multiplayer. All of a sudden this diamond shaped thing overtook me at about double my speed. It even looked a bit like an F117.

I want to believe :h0134:

RE Thomason Jr.

Stonelance. I got the addon manager to work now. Don't know what I did wrong the first time but I reinstalled and it's fine now. Next is to do repaints. I can't wait to make some liverys with actual aircraft registrations on them. Any recommended paint programs?. Will the simple windows paint work for a start?

Thanks.

Moe

Stonelance. I got the addon manager to work now. Don't know what I did wrong the first time but I reinstalled and it's fine now. Next is to do repaints. I can't wait to make some liverys with actual aircraft registrations on them. Any recommended paint programs?. Will the simple windows paint work for a start?

Thanks.

Moe

Check out this thread. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/404017-msf-repaint-help-and-tips/

I as well as many other repainters use GIMP, a free painting software. Photoshop also works if you have it or are willing to spend some money. Windows paint unfortunately will not work, not entirely sure why, but it doesn't. If you encounter any problems along the way the above mentioned thread is filled with helpful people to assist you on your painting adventure. Paints can take from a few minutes to a few days depending on the detail you want and the amount of free time you have. I'm currently working on the Maule and I've been working for about 4 hours so far, but I'm still far from ready to release it to the world.