Sign in to follow this  
r0drig0

There Are Multiple Objects Error "With The Same Title Name.They Must Have Unique Title Names..."

Hello,

After install install FS9 planes in the microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\simObjects\airplanes

then when starting up FSX I got this message:

"There Are Multiple Objects With The Same Title Name.They Must Have Unique Title Names..."

Is there cure for this problem? Thank you.

You have planes with the same title. You need to manually edit the aircraft.cfg line for those planes.

Now I found another problem, I have been installing planes specially AI aircrafts for years, and now I have around 800 models of aircrafts. Is there another less painful way to fix that? 

The only way to fix it is to go into the aircraft.cfg and find the duplicates.
The best way is when the message comes up it will say the name of the duplicate.
Type that name in Notepad and leave FSX running.
Go into your Sim Objects>Airplanes and find the airplane that the message says contains duplicates.
Open that aircraft.cfg in Notepad and push "Ctrl+F", then copy past the title of the duplicate and press "Find".
Note the number when you find it, and press "Find" again. The duplicate should show.
Now just add an (a) or something to change the name, or delete it and correct you number sequence of aircraft.

Choose "Save" in the aircraft.cfg and close it.
Go back to FSX and press "Ok" and if there is another duplicate, it will come up and you will have to go through the process again. If not, FSX will start normally.

Also note that changing the title of any AI craft will cause them not to be used as traffic any longer because of the data contained in the traffic.bgls. 

Well, since I will lost AI traffic if I modify the .cfg files, I think it´s time to consider to install again the whole AI Traffic stuff in the FSX. 

Anyway, thanks for the answers  :rolleyes: