Sign in to follow this  
markjj

777 Hydraulic Noise Before Touchdown

You have to wonder, are the flaps really much louder though, or is the A380 just extremely quiet, i remember reading an article about the pilots complaining that the A380 was too quiet and they couldnt get good quality rest because of noises they wouldnt normally hear during a flight.

I flew MAN-DXB and back a couple of weeks ago, outbound on an A380 and the return on the 77W, there is a massive difference in cabin noise between the two, the 777 of course being very noisy compared. I also did pickup on the noises as mentioned by the OP on approach in the 777 which sounded to me like a cargo door opening (it obviously wasn't). It sounded like there was a lot more going on even during taxi whereas with the 380 the only thing I heard of note was the flap retraction which was pretty loud, no doubt because of the sheer size and due to the requirements of the components moving them.

Lawrence Ashworth

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I was on a flight last week with my girl.  Airbus.  The PTU started going off, so I started barking like a dog.  She was confused and asked me multiple times to stop.  Did I?  Nope.  This flight was weird too.  The PTU was going on for at least a minute.  It got to the point where I started wondering about my sanity.  I was just sitting there, face pressed against the window barking with the PTU.  

That noise in the linked video is pretty cool though.  I hope we get it in wing view.  

I've always enjoyed the sounds of the cargo dog on the 'buses (the PTU).

Why?  Because it sounds like a dog.

I actually have a phobia of dogs (got attacked when little) - so it's not the nicest sound in the world. (Runs to the bathroom)

Airbus! Messing with Luke Pabari since 1995!!

I actually have a phobia of dogs (got attacked when little) - so it's not the nicest sound in the world. (Runs to the bathroom)

Airbus! Messing with Luke Pabari since 1995!!

Luke, is it THAT similar where you actually get a little anxious or is it because you've learned it's nickname?   :P