Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

X-Plane 10.22 Is Final

http://developer.x-plane.com/

X-Plane 10.22 release candidate two is now officially final – if you did not participate in the beta program, you will get the update via auto-update.  This build provides X-Plane-managed memory allocation for Lua-based plugins on Windows, which should help the problem of Lua plugins running out of memory.If you have add-ons based on SASL 1.0 64-bit, you will need to get an update from the airplane vendor that uses SASL 2.0!  Please do not report SASL 1.0 64-bit crashing on Windows; this is a known problem with SASL 1.0 64-bit that was fixed with SASL 2.0 64-bit.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

X-Plane 10.22 release candidate two is now officially final – if you did not participate in the beta program, you will get the update via auto-update.  This build provides X-Plane-managed memory allocation for Lua-based plugins on Windows, which should help the problem of Lua plugins running out of memory.If you have add-ons based on SASL 1.0 64-bit, you will need to get an update from the airplane vendor that uses SASL 2.0!  Please do not report SASL 1.0 64-bit crashing on Windows; this is a known problem with SASL 1.0 64-bit that was fixed with SASL 2.0 64-bit.

I am waiting for 10.25 !!!

"Albert has new terrain textures to release, but I think we will put this in a separate update (e.g. 10.25) to keep the 10.22 patch small.  I think that the next autogen update is not ready yet."

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

10.3 that where will end in 2013 year. Want to see new autogen, but more than that like too all rivers added in North American as vfr flyer I follow rivers.

10.3 that where will end in 2013 year. Want to see new autogen, but more than that like too all rivers added in North American as vfr flyer I follow rivers.

AlpilotX has some new HD meshes coming which should describe the rivers in NA much better. Sometime this summer I think he said.

Still getting CTDs with my Centurion with this update...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

AlpilotX has some new HD meshes coming which should describe the rivers in NA much better. Sometime this summer I think he said.

It has nothing to do 10.22, its on Carenado end. They need to finish updating their fleet !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

If you have any of Carenado's V2 aircraft, just copy the 64 bit SASL folder from one of those to the CT210 plugin folder and this should cure your crashes. Seems to have worked for me.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

If you have any of Carenado's V2 aircraft, just copy the 64 bit SASL folder from one of those to the CT210 plugin folder and this should cure your crashes. Seems to have worked for me.

Good Luck!

Ha ha ha, what do you know, it works! Thanks for that, I can finally enjoy my Centurion anywhere!

Makes me wonder why Carenado don't simply offer the new sasl folder as a download.

Now all I need to do is save up for a higher Vram card...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Ha ha ha, what do you know, it works! Thanks for that, I can finally enjoy my Centurion anywhere!

Makes me wonder why Carenado don't simply offer the new sasl folder as a download.

Now all I need to do is save up for a higher Vram card...

Yeah, I love that plane. Sure hated to have it barely get off the ground before POOF back to desktop..

^_^

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

The planes are not just updated with the new SASL. There are made more changes to the plane's programming, to increase stability.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I am looking forward to elements that will improve what I see out of the window. Would love to see more autogen, regional autogen, more ground texture diversity and something to remove the abundance of green within urban and suburban areas. X-Plane has sure improved from the day it was released and I am very much interested in seeing the continual improvement that we get to experience with this awesome sim.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

There's still a lot to be done to improve x-plane.  I've made my wishes before on previous posts.

However having seen the pace of development for x-plane, I think we'll be waiting a long time (probably not this year) for x-plane 10.30 to get into Beta:

-  The X-Plane 10.2x cycle started public beta 9 months ago, and with talk of a version 10.25, it looks a long way off being finished. 

-  There was 5 months between the 10.05 release and the 10.10B1 release. 

-  There's an ongoing legal battle which no doubt is taking time away from ongoing development.  The developer blog doesn't seem to be updated as often as it was before this matter kicked off last September.  I think it can be said that the development pace is markedly slower than it has been in the past.

-  In Ben's last blog post he said:

We haven’t decided on the timing, numbers, or precise feature set of the upcoming releases.

That sounds like a long time away from any new features coming up.

Overall I think we're in a "don't hold your breath, just enjoy what you have" phase at the moment.  The good news is that developers have a platform that is stable enough to release new updates on.  Bad news is that 64bit aircraft updates are coming out a lot slower than I thought.