So I've been having an issue with my card now for about a week. Its strange, one day everything was running perfectly, my sim was fine and I had no problems. Then I took a break for about a week and popped back onto my desktop (intel i7 4.5ghz, 8gb ram, 580gtx, h80 cooler) and i loaded up my sim and then the screen went black, at this point i was running 320.18, i rebooted my comp and then went it loaded again my screen froze once more but up came a message saying "nvidia driver had stopped responding but has recovered", at the time I didn't know what this meant but i did research, tried out some solutions and they seemed to have helped, i even increased the voltage by about 50 in msi. But my sim has definitely decreased in fps and it just stutters like crazy also, as well as getting unplayable black flashes and tearing which usepools=0 USED to fix. So i tried going back to older drivers to see if it would fix it but then i kept getting blue screens basically saying your drivers are out of date, so i ended up going back to 320.49 now, and once again i get the message "nvidia drivers have stopped responding but has recovered`'. 

I am out of ideas, could my card just be dying on me? it will be 2 years old in august and i have never OC'd it. Idle temp without gaming, just web surfing is about 40-45c, and using fsx was usually always 65c. My fan is at 40% idle and like I said it is a GTX 580. Also my cpu temp when using fsx is always about 45-50c max, my cooling system is very good for my setup. And I just cleaned out the whole computer about 2 weeks ago with compressed air. 

I'd love some help,

cheers.

nvid_zps0aaa1261.png[/url]

nvi_zpsf8d119bd.png[/url]

Didn't that .18 driver have issues with cards over volted by this driver?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

It would appear to me, that if you stopped using your PC on one day and then started on another, without changing any software, then it is a hardware related issue.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Didn't that .18 driver have issues with cards over volted by this driver?

When I had .18 i never increased the voltage, only when i went to .49 did I change the voltages.

It would appear to me, that if you stopped using your PC on one day and then started on another, without changing any software, then it is a hardware related issue.

I am going to try changing my card into a different socket in my motherboard to see if its just a loose connection maybe, but otherwise, could it be a dying card? How would i find out what could be causing this? Taking it to a computer store...

Cards do work themselves loose, as due RAM chips. This could be due to movement or changes of environment. Your suggestion of reseating the card is probably a good one for starters. As for the card dying, my own opinion on that would be unlikely, as it sounds like you've looked after it.

Just read this... And I just cleaned out the whole computer about 2 weeks ago with compressed air. It's very possible that you could easily have dislodged the card with the compressed air, or possibly done something else. Who knows, but sure, take the card out of the MB, clean the connectors and replace. It may be somethig as simple as that. if you have no joy after trying this procedure, then just drop the card into another computer and see how it goes.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776