Sign in to follow this  

Best Livery

NWA Airbus, this is the second time I

personally, i think NW's new livery is terrible! whats the deal....did they forget to paint the rest of the tail??? that, and the fact that on the co-pilot side of the plane the compass is actually pointing NE, not NW! someone forgot to do their homework on this one... anyways...my favorite has got to be Air Tahiti Nui. hands down...chris

I think northwest old livery was one of the best...i agree about new one, that tail looks really bad...

Guest wathomas777

Wow. Tough one.For Asthetics, I'm Partial to Eastern's Livery of the 70's with the light blue, royal blue and white. Very understated, very nice. It went down hill when they started painting it with the bare aluminum skins. (My dad worked for Eastern and retired just before the end. I am partial to them...)Some other great ones!1. Frontier. I love the wildlife scenes and stuff on the tail.2. Aloha's current livery with the Bird of Paridise flower on the tail, very nice.3. JAL's "specialty" planes, like the Pokemon plane and others are a good choice.4. Branif Internationals BI planes each in a different color, You knew it was a Branif plane, but rarely did you see two of the same color at the same airport.5. Olympic: Something about having the Olympic Rings on your tail was just super cool to me as a kid. Worst Liveries?1. PanAm. Early 70's. The globe and single line down the side was just plain boring.2. Piedmont: Anyone remember thier livery? I didn't think so.3. Hughes Airwest. Yellow and Blue Banana Planes hurt the eyes and assulted the senses.4. Hawaiian Airlines: If Aloha made Hawaii look inviting, Hawaiian Airlines made Hawaii look as exciting as a trip across the street.5. Any "China" airline. From the country that gave us gun powder and chopsticks, It would be nice to have an Airline that had a bit more character than Mao Tse Tung. 6. Any of Boeings ugly Red and White paint jobs for the initial 727, 737, or 747. It's a wonder they sold any of them.... And that was a marked improvement than the Gold and Brown catastrophe for the 707 prototype.

I like best livery that has a common theme but each aircraft is slightly different.The best of this kind is Frontier. Beautiful theme, beautiful excecution. Air Tahiti Nui - very nice too.The liveries listed in the first post - I am afraid - bo...oring.Michael J.

Except for Delta, I don't quite agree with the rest. I'd say these are my top 10:1) LAN Chile2) Gulf Air (new)3) Scandinavian4) ATA (new)5) Virgin Atlantic6) Egypt Air7) Sri Lankan8) Delta9) JAL (new)10) Vietnam Airlines

Guest CargoMun

Mine would be1) Vietnam Airlines (Golden Lotus scheme) - How I wish their whole flee was this scheme2) Scandinavian - Their new sleek white/grey'sh mixes so well with the blue tail.3) Gulf Air 50 year anniversary - you know the one.. the baby blue coloured one with the 4) United Airlines - Again, grey and blue charming my eyes.5) Southwest - love the blue scheme (hate the brown) :DSpecial jury prize: Air Tahiti NUI for the most wacky eyecathing scheme :)Worst livery with me: Northwest funny enough. Always disliked the red/grey mix :D

I also like the Southwest livery. What do you think of the new northwest livery?

Guest CargoMun

Well I havent seen one in real yet, only pictures and repaints of FS planes, but it looks much better i think. It was the dark grey I think i had a problem with lol :DThey got some nice artsy cargo schemes as well I'll have to admit. The one with the clock on :)

Not many new livery's have really got much "zing"...I like Continental, nice tail design, simple...grey/white fuse is attractive.Old Ethiopian with the cheat line, old Egyptair too...old Air New Zealand and Saudia...really neat paint. All the new ones...blah.Just seems so many paint schemes went down the tubes with this "white body" craze...Delta with it's silly blue and red engines, NWA lost it, United is unique, but pretty drab, Sabena lost it too, had to redo the logo as noone could see it. I miss BAs old classic scheme, new tails are cute, but...Lufthansa is nice, sophisticated. Avianca is nice and colorful, JAL...ugh. UPS...really graceful! Emery...good God, help us all!!!Someone needs to get the bosses to spend money on sweeping, graceful and appropriate paint schemes. This "white body" stuff has gotten silly...will cheat lines ever come back? Anything that complements the graceful sweep of the jets, not just cover them in paint. Wonder when AA will get into the craze, and what might their new livery be??Just my musings...DaveKCOS

Guest CargoMun

In regards to old liveries not used anymore, I'll have to add the old British Airways scheme the "landor" one. I liked that alot better then their new one.

Virgin BlueNorweigan AirlinesQANTASSouthwest AirlinesSASAmerican AirlinesUnited AirlinesAloha AirlinesCheers,Ryan

My favorites:1. EL AL2. Air Tahiti Nui3. Nippon Cargo Air4. Lufthansa Star Alliance 5. Polar Air Cargo6. Air Pacific7. Egypt AirMy least favorites:1. Any Braniff liveries2. Iraqi Airways3. Royal Jordanian Airlines4. EVA Air5. Alitalia6. United7. Northwest

Yea, The one with the clock on it is really cool. I flew on a A320 with the new Northwest livery and I think it looks great in person.