Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Saved flights 'snapshots' not updating

I like the feature in FSX whereby each time I save a flight a little screenshot of that flight would appear in the FSX window when I choose 'Load'. The picture changed each time I changed the flight. ( I save a number of flights as Flight 1, 2, 3 etc., useful when troubleshooting or whatever, so that I can go back to the same position).

The screenshots are now 'stuck', so even though I have resaved, say, Flight 1 a number of times since, the screenshot I see when I select 'Load' is now several weeks old. Any idea why the pictures have stopped updating each time I save a flight at a different location?

Martin

I've never had that problem but the screenshot is saved in the .fssave file associated with that flight, my guess is if you delete the .fssave and then load the flight and save it again it might fix the problem. It's worth a try, the .fssave isn't necessary, the flight will still load without it, you'll just see the generic FSX splash thingy instead of the screenshot until you save the flight again.

Jim

Thanks. There are no fssave files for those flights in the folder. I haven't deleted them.. I'll look into this a bit further and post back.

The fssave files are there (wrong information above!), but they aren't updating (the timestamps when I right-click and select Properties, are old. I could try deleting them. Will they be recreated?

The fssave files are there (wrong information above!), but they aren't updating (the timestamps when I right-click and select Properties, are old. I could try deleting them. Will they be recreated?

I don't know if they will or won't, but I do know you could move them to a temporary folder and test faster than you will get a response in a forum.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yes, not sure why I asked really! Deleted them anyway, and they are recreated with the new pictures...

The fssave files are not being created when I save a flight, so I now have a lot of old screenshots again. Is there some setting which has FSX create an .fssave file when you save a flight?