Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

a couple of questions for the expert TrackIR users here

thanks everyone for the great replays. one question though, where do i pick those shortcuts, for re center /turn it off/ on etc etc...

In the TrackIR client software you can choose and make profiles for different games. Each profiles can have their own hotkeys for these functions.

You can choose to use both keys and mousebuttons, whatever suits you.

You can also edit the curves for each axis of movement. The default have sort of a deadspot in the centre which I don't like, so I set all my axis to linear.

Although it might sound intimidating, it's all very easy to set up.

Been using TIR 5 since last year and quite frankly will not flight sim without it! I recommend Andydigital's profile which I have assigned to FSX and Opus. Thanks Andydigital for that!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Been using TIR 5 since last year and quite frankly will not flight sim without it! I recommend Andydigital's profile which I have assigned to FSX and Opus. Thanks Andydigital for that!

Where can i find this profile? cheers.

In the TrackIR client software you can choose and make profiles for different games. Each profiles can have their own hotkeys for these functions.

You can choose to use both keys and mousebuttons, whatever suits you.

You can also edit the curves for each axis of movement. The default have sort of a deadspot in the centre which I don't like, so I set all my axis to linear.

Although it might sound intimidating, it's all very easy to set up.

thanks!

Hi all, just to add my experience, I fly only heavymetal, I enable trackir from startup till after takeoff, and than for landing and taxi. Initial trouble with nausea and oscilation of flown trajectory went away after few training circuits :-), what trackIr did for me is interesting: In 2009 I tried 737 level d sim in Malev training center, as a flightsim pilot I had trouble to flare, since I have a trackIr I don't have this problem, my last year session in CSA training center confirmed it, I had no trouble to determine visual approach path, no problem with flare and landing at all, it was 737-800 level d sim, so trackir brought another level of skills for me.

Rado

that's great to hear, cheers.

When you run trackir, it can be outside the game without it even running, and you can set up buttons for shortcuts in there.

I have had the same ones set up for ages, and never even go into trackir anymore. I just click trackir, starts fsx, when loaded in the cockpit, i look at the center of my monitor, center it via my shortcut, and then fly.

I don't fly without it. It takes a couple days to get used to, but there are profiles and all sorts of settings you can make to make it very smooth. like i said, i have not touched it once set up in ages.

thanks you very much!

Where can i find this profile? cheers

Honestly can't remember.  Maybe at the Naturalpoint forums.  I can send to you via email if you  like.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Frankly I didn't like TrackIR the first time I used it. It can be tough setting it up just right and getting used to. However, once I got past those curves I've grown into it and it's become second nature. I'm so used to it now that sometimes I'll move my head to pan and nothing will happen, and then I remember I forgot to put on the trackclip. It's a very cool bit of kit, but it does take a little patience. 

I've had TrackIR 5 for about a month, and I've got to say, it's fantastic. I don't fly without it now. I've had EZDOK for quite some time and they work great together, however, using TrackIR I don't need to use EZDOK features as much. Sometimes I'll hit a button assigned with EZDOK because I'm too lazy to move my head down and toward the screen to see the switches..ha. The only time I use the TrackClip Pro is when I'm flying online using my headphones for teamspeak. I use my TrackClip attached on my hat when flying offline, which is most of the time. Of course I could use the TrackClip on the hat, and place my headset over the hat. I could've saved a few dollars if I would've known that.

You just have to play around with the sensitivity (head movement) levels until you are satisfied. I use the "smooth" profile settings, but I moved two "True Head Angle" buttons(or whatever they're called) closer to the center so I don't have to move my head too much to see 90 degrees or more to the left or right. Also, I unchecked the "Trueview" box (because either the TrackIR manual or EZDOK's manual said so when using EZDOK and TrackIR together).

Rod

Rod Beck

I use TrackIR with Opus, and it works great.  

Start TrackIR before you start FSX and thats it.

As others have said: Map pause and reset to two easy to reach buttons, you will use them a lot.

I also have specific Opus views with TrackIR disabled that cover the MCP and other important views, Those views are used when I have to do a lot of clicking on one screen.

Helge Rasmussen