Sign in to follow this  
por930

Find Version No

Hi,

Just purchased the boxed version of FSX MD11 and wondered where I find my version No I had to see if I needed to update it to MD-11X v1.20.0055

Regards

Geoff Bryce

I was about to say that if you just purchased it, then you needn't worry about the version number, but then I saw you bought the boxed version.  This is why I avoid that lot.

To check the version number, look at the aircraft.cfg.  It should be in there near the top, if I remember correctly.

Kyle Rodgers

As far as I remember you could just dl the updater and run it, it will tell you if you need it or not.

23.png

I was about to say that if you just purchased it, then you needn't worry about the version number, but then I saw you bought the boxed version.  This is why I avoid that lot.

To check the version number, look at the aircraft.cfg.  It should be in there near the top, if I remember correctly.

Hi Kyle,

Could not find the aircraft.cfg file...but, when I looked at the PMDG folder inside FSX, I saw there was a readme for MD11 and on its first line was version No...v1.20.0055, so I guess I do not need to update.

For me, download would take forever due to dodgy line speed and many time outs needing a download manager. So, where possible, I use boxed versions, which also make reloading it easier due to activation code in box.

As far as I remember you could just dl the updater and run it, it will tell you if you need it or not.

Hi Mosteen,

Yes, If I could not find info, I would have done exactly that, and I am sure it would say...Thanks...or Nah, not needed etc. BTW... Nice car in your profile pic. I have a 911 Turbo, sort of like flying on the ground

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Could not find the aircraft.cfg file...but, when I looked at the PMDG folder inside FSX, I saw there was a readme for MD11 and on its first line was version No...v1.20.0055, so I guess I do not need to update.

Glad you found it.  For future reference, the aircraft.cfg is found in SimObjects->Airplanes->[specific Aircraft Folder] in the FSX directory.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

For me, download would take forever due to dodgy line speed and many time outs needing a download manager. So, where possible, I use boxed versions, which also make reloading it easier due to activation code in box.

Hi Mosteen,

Yes, If I could not find info, I would have done exactly that, and I am sure it would say...Thanks...or Nah, not needed etc. BTW... Nice car in your profile pic. I have a 911 Turbo, sort of like flying on the ground

Regards

Good on you mate, MD-11X is a superb aircraft, you'll love it.

Yup, enjoying my 997.2 so much, both on track and street ;)

23.png

Glad you found it.  For future reference, the aircraft.cfg is found in SimObjects->Airplanes->[specific Aircraft Folder] in the FSX directory.

Hi Kyle,

Found it. You know for all our whinging, FSX is very complex bit of programming, with data and information scattered all over the PC that still works very well. Shame the MS team was disbanded, as FSXv2 or 3 would have been fantastic by now...Now where Bills Telephone No to see if he can encourage the MS boys to crank it up again...

Geoff Bryce

Shame the MS team was disbanded, as FSXv2 or 3 would have been fantastic by now...Now where Bills Telephone No to see if he can encourage the MS boys to crank it up again...

If you need someone to talk their ears off, you know where to find me!

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Guys for sharing with us !

Best of All.

Marco Aurélio