Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

how to set fsuipc?

Greetings eveyone,

I just recently purchases the th warthog and its a fine pieve of harware.Im facing this priblem with settingbit witu fsx n fsuipc.I really need help.im totally lost.Ddoes anyone have a step by step giide on how to set the whole system...hotas n rudder on fsx using fsuipc please share.

Thank you n regards

The FSUIPC User Guide is a great place to start.

The FSUIPC User Guide is a great place to start.

Yep - in the main FSX application section - Modules folder, FSUIPC Documents subfolder.

Most of the basic stuff is pretty straightforward. Just remember that for things you are running through FSUIPC you need to be sure the commands / axes / keystrokes / whatever have been deleted from the built-in FSX Controls setting section - and when you have done that exit FSX so it saves the changes (otherwise if you have a CTD it will revert back to the previous settings). As an added extra safety measure go to the Controls folder (the usual location is C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls)after you close FSX and back up the file called Standard.XML - I do this by copying it then renaming the copy Standard_XML.BAK and leaving it in the Controls folder. That way if FSX decides to revert to your old settings all you need to do is delete the current file Standard.XML, copy Standard_XML.BAK and re-name it Standard.XML - then re-start FSX. No need to go through all the deletions again.

I have to disagree here.

Maybe I'm a technological dinosaur and I have managed to set up FSUIPC however it was torturous for me. The instructions assume a certain degree of aptitude. if you have it I assume it's a snap but if you don't then you find yourself re reading the instructions over and over and playing with this and that until you get it right. For folks like me a real step by step like FSUIPC for dummies is needed.

I find that both manuals are well written. The basic one explains really in plain words what is what, ever for technological dinosaurs, as you called it ^_^

But even for IT advanced ones, to understand FSUIPC, you will need trying out. This is simply how this thing is built. It's simple yet complicated and very powerful when it comes to certain features.