Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

FSX Booster 2013

Did anyone try this program yet? Would love to get some feedback before purchase.

Thanks

Bernd

Waste of money imho. It simply applies the tweaks you can add manually too. It just does it with a shiny interface. If you don't like to edit the cfg's manually, you may find this easier to do, but don't expect wonders of it. It offers nothing new.

Thanks, I already applied a lot of tweaks, just sounded interesting that they get performance increases of 30+%, if that is true.

Bernd

Thanks, I already applied a lot of tweaks, just sounded interesting that they get performance increases of 30+%, if that is true.

Bernd

Well, if someone has no tweaks yet and an fps of 12, one or two tweaks might bring that up to 16.. which is 30%. Not too hard. I suppose that if you remove your tweaks, you might lose about 30% too? So that promise isn't too odd. I doubt if anyone will ever see that "up to 200%" increase though...

Good point. Would be interesting to hear from someone who used it and see what the comparison looks like. I am getting anywhere between 20 - 60 fps but if I open up some sub-panels on my 2nd monitor then fps go down and I can see some slight stuttering.

Thanks

Bernd

I don't think it has any hidden tweaks that are not on the internet in other guides. This program is useful to people that don't want to spend 50% of their time reading guides, sometimes even contradicting eachother. The one thing it adds I think is that you can assign processes to other cores, so FSX has more power to use. Ofcourse you can do that with freeware tools also, so this is only useful to people that aren't familiar with or scared of editting config files and such.

Personaly I wouldn't buy this, because I don't think there is a single program that optimize every combination of hardware, so I'd rather tweak it myself. But then again, the tweaking has cost me a lot (!!!) of time and reading, but in some weird way I enjoyed it too.

I bought FSX Booster 2013, I very much regret buying this product. I did not gain any extra fps just stutters! The idea with this software is to apply the tweaks that we are all familiar with and to optimize the frame rate slider in FSX to match your FSX settings. As I fly with a frame rate limiter, (Nvidia Inspector) and frames set to 100 in FSX, the software is not relevant to my setup. The software tailors the tweaks it makes to your system specifications, (GPU, RAM etc), the developers are relying on the user to select the correct specifications for their machine at initial startup,  I selected the correct specifications for my machine. This innovative approach to the tweaking of FSX is what attracted me to the product, alas I saw no improvement within FSX in the short time I was able to use the software.

Unfortunately I had to re-format my computer just after installing this software. I cannot now use the software because re-installing the computer has invalidated my registration code. I have contacted both SimMarket and the developer. The developer is not responding to me, I have asked for the registration to be initialized so I continue to test the software, they have not complied.

This is my poorest simulator purchase to date! Fortunately it only cost 7GBP, I am now writing it off as a bad experience.

Charles

Sorry to hear that... But thanks for posting it here for all to see!

Great News!

FSPS has re-activated my software, I think I e-mailed them initially, this time I used the ticket system and had a very prompt reply, I may have chosen the incorrect way to contact them initially.

I will now play around with this software to see if I can get any additional benefits. I think the software might be for the user who is not familiar with tweaking FSX and requires an easy inter-phase to apply their tweaks.

Charles

There is a new version of this software just posted!.

There may be some mileage in this software, I do believe it will help some people to gain some extra performance, some experimentation will be necessary.

Will report back after I have given it a thorough run:-)

Charles

I have now had three hours with this software. I have seen the light again and removed the program and returned to "*******",(I have not suddenly become all religious!). I am settled now with smooth frame rates and good performance after having an appointment with "*******".

I noticed that when I ran the program and used it to start FSX, the software initially caused a huge slow down on my high end computer. The cursor went into slow motion while selecting the options from the FSX menu, it had a mind of it's own traveling around my LCD screen. Once FSX started the problem went away but left me with stutters in FSX. After removing the software the cursor behaved normally and the computer slow down went away. The software appears to make changes on the fly as FSX is starting, it causes a momentarily slow down while on the FSX options screen on my computer.

The developer is trying to use a similar method to ******* Bojote by asking for computer specifications before applying customized tweaks to FSX, perhaps they got their inspiration from *******.

Charles

One word

http://bitsum.com/processlasso/

it works perfectly, and it can be as easy or complex as  you wana drive it.

also has ability to disbale core parking and tons of other features. Ill say its a must have for any self respecting FSX tweaker.

If laso cant do the job on your rig, then youll just have to contact NASA for IT support, and NSA to remove thier trojan.

Charles, way too much what you had to go through. I think I stay away.

Thanks

Bernd