Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

FSX Booster 2013

How do you use it ?

Thanks

Some of the things i do with laso

1. I set my FSX and other affinity in laso, no longer done in fsx.cfg

2. set task priorities, memory priorities, IO priorities.

3. i disable core parking (win78/win8), helps speed things up a bit, when energy saving core pareking disabled

4. During FSX cruise, sometimes i check task list to see which are hugging CPU, and use laso to tame them right down, example FSX weather program etc.

5. All settings are saved so no need to reapply on startup.

6. I set Laso to manage all tasks, including win7 tasks.

7. I set laso to start 1 min after log on, ps dont let it start sooner than that if its managing win7 tasks.

8 After few weeks of tweaking, i ahbe not touched it in months, stays n background, unless i see stutters, theni go back, see who hugging CPU and tame.

The way each will use it depends on your circumstances

check out some laso vids on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=process+lasso+tutorial&oq=process+lasso+tuto&gs_l=youtube.1.0.33i21.125097.125979.0.129047.5.5.0.0.0.0.178.473.4j1.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.A9tKRjMZFcg

There is a basic free version, which after using for 3mins, i purchased the full version, cause i was much impressed.

I too bought this product but after a few attempts to get it working where it really improved FPS, stutters, etc..........I have reverted back to my "old methods" of improvements and have written the purchase off as a mistake. I was running v1.2 and based on above comments downloaded latest v1.4.....will give it another try and see what happens..............

EDIT: v1.4 seems to work a little better but not quit what I had "hoped" for. It does permit you to make quick .cfg changes that are specific for the flight conditions you are going into.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Process Lasso

Many thanks for the link to this program, it certainly looks very interesting and will remain on my computer for some time while I evaluate it's use.

I would have been more impressed had I paid for this software, it's very easy and intuitive to use!

Charles

Wow, the crap you guys put yourselves through... Although, I did it too, so I'm just as bad.. I now make only 3 tweaks to my .CFG file and thats it, smooth happy flying now...

The worst time with the most problems for me was when I was just getting started in FSX and was trying all sorts of guides, tweaks and so on, which were a nightmare.

Now, I just make 3 tweaks to the CFG and go enjoy smooth, stutter free flying..

@Simmer2050

Thanks for the tip about processor core parking!

I think it's possible that some people may get the impression that this software will enable most users to run FSX at maximum detail levels and settings, using certain "magical" tweaks that nobody else has thought of! I guess what it actually does is check your system specification, and then modify the settings to suit your particular PC. In other words, if (like me) you want to run FSX at maximum detail levels and settings (irrespective of whether the framerate suffers in a handful of locations), then I wouldn't recommend buying this software. On the other hand, if you are looking for smooth performance at all times, and don't worry so much about scenery complexity or AI density, then this may be a useful purchase....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1. I set my FSX and other affinity in laso, no longer done in fsx.cfg

Besides setting fsx affinities and taming ( I take it you mean memory trimming misbehaving fsx addons and applications in general) did you find any other good use for the lasso (for fsx?)

Thanks a bunch

Besides setting fsx affinities and taming ( I take it you mean memory trimming misbehaving fsx addons and applications in general) did you find any other good use for the lasso (for fsx?)

Thanks a bunch

It has a gaming mode and power settings that can be set and saved. I've used it for a while now with full licence and it operates with all my software. Many more tweaks to twiddle with as mentioned, some of which i don't have a clue about. Regular updates too so its ongoing and active. Worth a try with free trial version : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

@bjablonka8120

After taking a look at the product adverts on a couple of sites (and having done a lot of tweaking my FSX install), my opinion would be it is worth th $12 to try. I've spent so much time making FSX work properly I had to document everything to remember it all. At least with this utility, you can recreate a given configuration if needed for an FSX re-install. The graphic interface and config backup are probably worth the price of admission.

@bjablonka8120

After taking a look at the product adverts on a couple of sites (and having done a lot of tweaking my FSX install), my opinion would be it is worth th $12 to try. I've spent so much time making FSX work properly I had to document everything to remember it all. At least with this utility, you can recreate a given configuration if needed for an FSX re-install. The graphic interface and config backup are probably worth the price of admission.

I agree, after installing the latest version, and "carefully" selecting the right options it does seem to work fairly well and quite easily. It does make it easy to recreate a configuration for the flight you are making at the time.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

@bjablonka8120

I agree, and I wish developers would market these useful features rather than coming up with outlandish claims of "200% frame rate improvement" and such. Not having to memorize the tweaks and being able to easily switch between different config files or add/remove tweaks with a simple click are valid reasons to get a tool like this.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

"200% frame rate improvement"

That would be worth $120 !

Thanks a bunch

Lasso is a very powerfull but complex tool, with enough options to make improvments and evne break your windows install if you not carefull.

Its got more options than anyone will ever need to help focus a PC resources at what the sim needs.

My recomendation is to just set it on Auto intially, then tweak as you get familiar. 

Its the only tool i know that allows you to set memory and IO prioties and not just affinity and process priority.

ITs got option to throttle or starve of CPU addons that hug cpu too much, but the more you ask lasso to do, the more cpu it too will eat up, so keep this in mind.

Ayy simmer who could do with some powerfull control on PC resources, beyond what most apps allow should be looking at Lasso.

You have to download free version to see the raft of things you can do with it, its got enough, and too much, depends how much you wana play with it.

Example its got process watch dog, if the task is taking too much cpu,memory or IO, you can program an action if watch dog condition becomes true.

If affinity, and process task setting dont do it for you, its got option to throttle or  powerfully tame apps that are getting too busy.

Simply put, its got too many options if you wana have a play, but best to start with default auto settings.

I still use IO bit gamebooster also, together all is smooth and sailing on my PC. Still use gamebooster cause it does good job of closing all those win7 services i dont need during sim.

Also very few tweaks in my fsxcfg,  bp=0 is the main perf tweak i can remember that i still use. 

If you would get rid of all these useless utilities your FSX would run better than ever.

My biggest performance tweak just recently after years of simming: I finally convinced myself that autogen looks dull and is not really needed for the flying I am doing. Everything else is maxed. Gained around 40 fps right away.