Sign in to follow this  
houndog528

RealWX Lite Problems

Hi all,

Just downloaded this program, as recommended by other posters on this forum, and cannot get it to work.  I can download weather with it, I can read the METAR, and I can send the weather off to FS9.  But, that's as far as I get.  How do I get FS9 to receive the weather and display it?  I have been using KOKC as my trial airport, because of the noticeably bad weather at the airport.  I figure it would be easy to tell whether or not it loaded correctly.  Anyway, I type in KOKC into the METAR box, but it tells me that it cannot be found.  Why not?  I type KOKC again into the METAR box, but this time click on Start up above.  RealWX downloads a bunch of stuff and then shows "waiting for FS9" next to the METAR box.  So, I load FS9.  RealWX downloads a bunch more stuff, and then shows "success" next to the METAR box.  Now, what do I do?  If I load a flight at KOKC, no weather whatsoever shows, except for clear skies and calm winds, which I know is not accurate because of the METAR in RealWX.  So, what is wrong here?  Why is FS9 not receiving and showing the downloaded weather?

I have FSUIPC version 3.999z4, and am running Windows XP.  I have also tried the following tips I found on this forum:

"Check this: Options General: Meta Feed VATSIM ticked? Options General: Startup Download WX ticked? Options DWC and Interface: Interface FSUIPC shown? If all set (and WX restarted) you only need to fire up FS9. WX will know via FSUIPC when FS9 comes up (and where your plane is located) and tranfer according weatherdata to FS9 automatically without any action from the user."

I am not even sure I am using this program correctly.  There was no manual included in the download or on the website, so I am not sure what the correct sequence of events are.  Should RealWX be open before FS9?  Should FS9 be open and at my departure airport before I start RealWX?  What settings does FS9 need to have in order to receive and load information from RealWX?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Houndog528

Why don't you try first loading a flight in FS9 and then, after you're in your airport of choice, load and start FS Real WX Lite?

Sent from my Nokia 1100 using Tapatalk

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thanks Luis,

I tried your suggestion, this time using KSHV (due to thunderstorms and strong winds), but it didn't work. Is there something I need to do in FS9 to get the weather to load? I feel like I'm missing something somewhere. Is there something within FSUIPC I need to click on to accept incoming data from an outside program? Is this program like a scenery, where you have to tell FS9 that it's there in the scenery folder and it should be loaded? Or does FS9 automatically know it should accept the weather information and load it accordingly?

Maybe I don't have the correct version of RealWX.  I have version 1.07.1522.  Is that the correct version?  There were two listed on the download page of the RealWX webpage, and I wasn't sure which one I should choose.  I went with the higher of the two version numbers, which is version 1.07.1522.  Just thinking out loud..

Thanks again,

Houndog528

G'day Houndog.

In FS9 have you selected "User-defined weather" in the Weather section of the World menu item?

You have to do nothing except starting FS9, and FSrealWX of course.

Doesn't matter what you start first, FSrealWX will wait for FS9 as you already discovered.

Please check if FS9 has switched to "User-defined Weather" (if not do it).

And the FSUIPC module has to be active, meaning the files have to reside in the correct folder (G:\Flight Simulator 9\Modules).

FSrealWX will communicate with FS9 via FSUIPC and determine the current location, load the appropriate METARs, and send the weather to FS9. All without you needing to do anything.

Hi, I use 1.06.1475 (it's not the developers version). It works fine so far. This is the weather at KSHV:

Yes, User-defined weather should be selected after RealWXLite has sent its data to FS2004. Could you post the settings you have choosen within RealWX' options menue?

My settings are

1. In the "General" section are checked:

Metar feed: NOAA

Downloads: Upperair, aditional weather data, TAF

Startup: check updates, download WX, clear WX

Layout: close when disconnected

2. In the "Weather" section are checked:

- set WX of position in 350 nm

- set global WX

- clouds and winds after personal taste

3. In the "DWC and Interface" section are checked

- Interface: FSUIPC

- FSUIPC: FSUIPC wind smoothing control.

Regarding FSUIPC, I've only set some visibility options there, as I'm quite unfamiliar with these settings. Have no idea if there is a technical option to be set when one wants to use FSRealWX. I did no change to technical settings of FSUIPC.

I hope you get it to work.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

These are my settings (using Harald's scheme):

1. In the "General" section are checked:
Metar feed: Vatsim
Downloads: Upperair, aditional weather data, TAF
Startup: check updates, clear WX
Layout: nil

2. In the "Weather" section are checked:
- set WX of position in 300 nm (should not matter)
- set global WX
- clouds and winds after personal taste

3. In the "DWC and Interface" section are checked
- Interface: FSUIPC
- FSUIPC: FSUIPC wind smoothing control.

The biggest difference between Harald's settings and mine are the METAR feed and that I don't download WX automatically after starting the weather engine, but manually after having my flight loaded. Personal preference, if anything else...

Maybe I don't have the correct version of RealWX.  I have version 1.07.1522.  Is that the correct version? 

I have v1.06.1469 from 25/11/2012, no updates available AFAIK. Maybe yours is a beta for a further version, while mine is a stable version.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

The biggest difference between Harald's settings and mine are the METAR feed and that I don't download WX automatically after starting the weather engine, but manually after having my flight loaded. Personal preference, if anything else...

houndog528, on 15 Jul 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Maybe I don't have the correct version of RealWX. I have version 1.07.1522. Is that the correct version?

I have v1.06.1469 from 25/11/2012, no updates available AFAIK. Maybe yours is a beta for a further version, while mine is a stable version.

I remember to have downloaded v 1.06.1469, and I believe it self-updated to 1.06.1475. But anyway, both Luis Miguel and I use the 1.06 non-beta version.

I use to load my flight first and then to start FSRealWX, so that it will send the weather data to FS2004 immediately. Personal taste!

By the way, what is the advantage of using VATSIM wheather data (I don't fly online)?

Thanks and regards, Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi guys,

Well, I fooled around with RealWx last night after work, and changed my settings to those listed above, and that seems to have done the trick.  I don't know exactly which settings I had wrong, but clearly that was the problem, as it works just fine now.  I tried it out at several different airports that had differing weather reports, just to see what would happen and that it wasn't just a fluke, and it worked like a charm!

Thanks very much for all your help.  I would never have figured it out otherwise.

Happy flying!!

Houndog528

Well, I fooled around with RealWx last night after work, and changed my settings to those listed above, and that seems to have done the trick

Glad it works now :biggrin:

By the way, what is the advantage of using VATSIM weather data (I don't fly online)?

I'm not sure in Germany, but in Colombia NOAA gave too much errors for my liking.

Best regards,

Hi guys,

Well, I fooled around with RealWx last night after work, and changed my settings to those listed above, and that seems to have done the trick.  I don't know exactly which settings I had wrong, but clearly that was the problem, as it works just fine now.  I tried it out at several different airports that had differing weather reports, just to see what would happen and that it wasn't just a fluke, and it worked like a charm!

Thanks very much for all your help.  I would never have figured it out otherwise.

Happy flying!!

Houndog528

Very nice to read. Happy flights to you!

Luis Miguel, I realized that more weather stations are loaded when I set VATSIM as source. Will observe the difference at my next flights.

Regards

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg