Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

How to engage N1 on takeoff roll

I may seem like a total rookie due to my question but I can assure I'm not at all :lol:

I've never used any automatic mode on takeoff so far but on my last flight I wanted to use that N1 autothrottle mode on takeoff roll. However, upon pressing that button (with autothrottle armed of course) nothing happened and I'm now wondering how to use that N1 thingy?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

There's a black button on the throttle quadrant, between the main throttle and reversers which will engage TOGA, or there is a keyboard shortcut. Cannot remember it off the top of my head though but I'm sure someone else will know it!

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

there's also a click spot on the mcp to engage TOGA somewhere near the n1 button. i think n1 is used for climbs etc

I've highlighted the black buttons here with the red hollow arrows!

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

If you're in virtual cockpit, have a look at the area just below and left of the captain's side Course knob. You will see the mouse pointer change, and this is the TO/GA hotspot. Click here with autothrottle armed and you'll be soon on your way.

If you're in virtual cockpit, have a look at the area just below and left of the captain's side Course knob. You will see the mouse pointer change, and this is the TO/GA hotspot. Click here with autothrottle armed and you'll be soon on your way.

hmmm i didn't know this. I guess I do now  :lol:

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

Thanks guys for your efforts :)

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD