Sign in to follow this  
flyaway

Do you guys use ENB series?

Hi, I would like to know if you guys use enb. if you do why do you use it? If you dont why not? Thx

I was tempted, but later read that many users were experiencing crashes or FSX freezing.

I guess its wise to steer clear of any ENB series with FSX if your going to be doing some long flights. Maybe you might want to purchase "Shade" by Mogwaisoft, you can get it on simMarket. I really like it, and would recommend it to anyone!

Apparently, ENB causes instability for some users.

I have used it for the last three years or so... in two different rigs, both in FS2004 and FSX, and never had any problem.

It's a mystery, I guess...

Hi.

I'm new here but not the hobby, been "guesting" around... ENB is causing blur on the panels for me, it's like a haze over the whole panel, fonts become less readable, while SweetFX has a huge performance cost on an already slow sim. So no for both.

Seems enb is flawed from what I read. What else you guys recommend to make fsx colors look more real?

Seems enb is flawed from what I read. What else you guys recommend to make fsx colors look more real?

Have you got REX? If not, try it out. It doesn't change your ground textures, its all weather based; but adds really nice sky, sun and cloud textures and more...

Have you got REX? If not, try it out. It doesn't change your ground textures, its all weather based; but adds really nice sky, sun and cloud textures and more...

Yes I do. Only that colors look too intense and I have tried different textures.

I've tried ENB and it caused too many crashes, same with SweetFX although on a lesser scale.  I settled with FXAA and it works great.

Chris Sunseri

I have similar experiences to Gabriel's. I've been using it for 2 years now, no crash at all... Same with the OOMs and other CTDs. I've haven't come across any of those so far....I guess I'm just lucky...

Used ENB for several years , both FS9 and FSX

Flying without it is like eating spaghetti without the sauce

I use the Orbx one , since I fly exclusively in Orbx areas ( and soon to be FTX Global!)

Rarely have any issues, no FPS hit..

Just a minor problem with the NGX - if I try to access the FS menus during flight , I sometimes get a CTD with a d3d9.dll error.  Might be ENB caused.

I've used it for quite some time but got tired of the effects. Too much things got blurred, didn't like the washed out skies, didn't like the dark VC. In the end I lowered the settings so much that I might as well stop using it at all, which I did. The effect IS nice when you turn it on and off and you compare the two: you do get the idea the light is being turned on somehow in the sim, but I never really missed it when I stopped using it. I found you quickly get used to what you've got, be it FSX default or with ENB.

Maybe you might want to purchase "Shade" by Mogwaisoft, you can get it on simMarket. I really like it, and would recommend it to anyone!

In ever topic about ENB someone feels the need to post something about Shade... which has nothing to do with ENB. It's a totally different add-on.  ^_^ (One I also stopped using btw.  :P )

Used ENB for several years , both FS9 and FSX

Flying without it is like eating spaghetti without the sauce

Just a minor problem with the NGX - if I try to access the FS menus during flight , I sometimes get a CTD with a d3d9.dll error. Might be ENB caused.

I used ENB for years and I loved it, but started to get these CTDs when I started flying the NGX. I hardly fly any other plane, so I had to stop using it unfortunately. Use sweetfx instead, but sometimes fsx just quits without any error whatsoever when trying to access menus.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Used here fine for years too, its free and works wonders - It is a 3d eye candy jobbie though. So you want a good 3d card and uptodate drivers/direct X 9 etc otherwise you will no doubt see issues from a tech perspective.

Its also only good in some situations so I'd say I turn if off 50% of the time and on the other 50.

Lewis - A2A Simulations

In ever topic about ENB someone feels the need to post something about Shade... which has nothing to do with ENB. It's a totally different add-on.  ^_^ (One I also stopped using btw.  :P )

:He He:  :lol: