Sign in to follow this  
Mike62

FSX Random crashes after installing RealityXP GNS530 into CT206H

Below is what I submitted to Carenado and was wondering if anyone else has experienced random crashes.  

I am experiencing random FSX Crashes without any type of error log after installing  RealityXP GNS 530 using the supplied file.   Happened before and after the update.  I tried installing the full version of the aircraft with the update and did a flight from Bowerman field to Felts field with default GPS and did not have any crashes.   Has anybody else reported this.

Thanks,
Mike Cameron

I installed it in the default 172 using the RealityXP tool and did not have any issues.    With the CT206H, FSX seems to want to crash when I start entering a flight plan into the RXP unit.    I might try to go back to the default GPS and use the RXP tool and have the GNS530 as a popup instrument and see if it works that way.

Thanks,

Mike

Installed using RXP Tool and was able to program a flight plan without FSX crashing.   The RXP530 is not installed on the panel but at least I can use it now and have LinkGPS=On so the flight plan will display on aircraft's GPS.

Mike

Seems you've got it sorted out. As long as it's not crashing any longer it should be safe to place it back into the vc panel using the Carenado supplied rxp530.exe. Just leave your .ini where it is and all should be fine.

I might eventually do that  or sooner to see if it works, but right now I have the added ability to load PlanG & user created flight plans into the default GPS and still have the RXP530 available when I want to use it's features.    I will still be curious to see if Carenado has any suggestions because it looks like the rxp530.exe does something funny to my system.   I am not going to mark this solved until I hear back from Carenado.

Mike

Seems you've got it sorted out. As long as it's not crashing any longer it should be safe to place it back into the vc panel using the Carenado supplied rxp530.exe. Just leave your .ini where it is and all should be fine.

I did this and everything seams to be working now at least while I am entering a flight plan.   When I get time I will take a flight and see if everything remains stable.

Thanks,

Mike

Unfortunately, I am still getting FSX crashes after using the Carenado file for installing the RXP GNS530 even with the RXP .ini file still in place.    I went back to installing the RXP unit as a popup using the RXP tool and this seems to work on my system.

Mike

Very weird Mike...if it works in the 2d popup without crashing then it should also work after placing it in the vc...what I mean is that simply placing it in the vc is not something that normally causes it to crash.

What has changed on your computer since the 16th when it was working ok? Do you use a program called Malwarebytes by chance? I heard this can cause some issues with rxp gauges.

I did not do anything different since the 16th which is why this is weird.   I do not have Malwarebytes on my system so that should not be the issue.    In all honesty though, on the 16th I only started the aircraft from cold and dark and manually entered the a flight plan from Bowerman to Felts with a few waypoints in between but it was late so did not fly the route.   Lately, it crashes when I start to enter the flight planning process or sometime during flight planning.    Do you know if it is possible to manually install the RXP GNS530 into the panel without using the installer.   Also, I know Carenado used an installer for RXP integration on other aircraft but I cannot remember which aircraft.  I do not have all of my Carenado aircraft installed right now and if you know which aircraft that have this installer and I own one of them, I would like to try that aircraft, to rule out aircraft or system problems.  

Thanks Dave for all of your help.

Mike

yes you can manually install it...but just like the installer all you'd be doing is placing the necessary entries for the gauge into the panel cfg...which is not going to be the cause of your crashing.

Sounds like either your rxp installation is not good/corrupt, or there is something on your system that is interfering with the rxp gauge (this is assuming that its the gauge that is actually causing your crashes). If I were you id uninstall both the plane and rxp and id reinstall both from scratch to their latest versions. If that doesn't cure it then id have no clue.

Re- installing seems a bit much effort..

If it works fine with the RXP unit as a popup, the next thing I would do,

is manually edit the panel.cfg file to also add it to the VC..

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=rxpgns!gns530,    -10, -5, 537, 392
//gauge00=GPS530_3D_CT206!GPS_530_3D,    0, 0, 512, 372
//gauge01=CT206H!ToggleCARG1000,     64,0, 256, 32

Bert

Thanks Bert,  before reinstalling I tried manually editing the panel but the inner knobs did not work (RXP outer knobs but Carenado inner knobs without RXP direction arrows).  I did not comment out the gauge01 line so maybe that was the problem.   Anyway I took the time and uninstalled/reinstalled both RXP and the aircraft and first flight yesterday went good.   I am going to take another flight today and maybe a third to see if solved.    If FSX does crash I will try popup and manual entry again.

Thanks again for all the help.

Mike