Sign in to follow this  
Mike62

FSX Random crashes after installing RealityXP GNS530 into CT206H

I have decided to give up on this problem.   Using the RXP tool to install the GPS as a window, I have made several flights without issue but when I decide to install it in the panel, even with Bert's edit, FSX crashes.    I think I have narrowed down where it is happening though.    I have been having a hard time locating the areas on the GPS for using the knobs (very small areas), and when I hover the mouse around trying to find the RXP arrows, something goes wrong with my system and receive a fatal crash.   The RXP windowed unit uses the default RXP locations for knob control so I do not have any issues during the flight planning process.  I could be totally wrong about this but as long as I can use it as a popup window, I can live with it. Hopes this makes sense.

Thanks for all the help and this appears just to be a problem with my system, Carenado could not reproduce and no other users reporting issues.

Mike

If you use my manual edit to install the unit in the VC,  you cannot use the knobs (!)

I only use the popup for knob control.

Bert

I used to have a horrible time with the RXP gauges in the Carenado aircraft.  Particularly, I experienced random crashes with the C340II.  My buddy experienced the same thing with the T210.  For me, the issue was with some of the "bi-directional' communications between the RXP gauge and the flight sim.  I had to change a few options and all my problems went away.

1) Turn off any option involving the Shadin engine monitor

2) Configure the RXP GPS to determine ground speed by delta lat/long instead of getting it from the sim.

3) Configure radio tuning to only come from the RXP.  (uni-directional).  THis means you need to set the radio freqs using the RXP GPS instead of any thing in the sim.  (ie: FSInn)

I never narrowed it down to anything less than one of those three things.  I believe, at the bottom of all this, it's the Shadin engine monitor data going back and forth.  But I never verifiied that.

Hope this helps,

Tom