Sign in to follow this  
BadenBr

How to remove 3d knobs?

Hi

I am having issues stopping the 3D knobs displaying. I have installed RX Garmin GNS 430 and used the FOR CUSTOMIZATION folders with required .cfg edits but the knobs continue to display over the top of the RX instrument. The Carenado Baron 58 has a mini panel that allows you to turn off the knobs is there any way in the F33 to do the same??

Not unless is in programmed into the actual model. Might they contacting them directly for help?

Best, Michael

KDFW

You have to replace the model (in the model folder) with one from the Customization folder.

Your 3d knobs will then disappear..

Bert

Thanks Bert I am not quite sure I understand what you mean. I did copy the CUSTOMIZAION folders renamed them and made what edits I could in the .cfg file. When you talk about replacing the model in the model folder with the CUSTOMIZATION folder what do I need to do exactly? 

The specific livery that you want to fly needs to use the customization folder.  You may not have changed the correct livery or are using one that still uses 3d knobs.  Rename the folder model.NO3D or whatever you want.  In the livery area in the cfg, you should have model=NO3D.

OK, step by step...

In the customization folder, there are two model folders, each with a long descriptive name..

- Copy these two folders into the main Bonanza folder, along with the existing model folders (I and II)

- Rename them to a shorter name, as suggested above: model.NO3D1 and model.NO3D2 as an example

- In the aircraft.cfg file, choose the variants that you want to have the no-3d panel, and set model=NO3D1 or =NO3D2

Bert

Hi All

Thanks for all your assistance I worked out what I was doing wrong in the CFG file as I had only modified one variant and not the one I normally use so that was the issue. Thanks to you all once again for your help and interest...