Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

David Maltby's BAC 1-11 and his other fine planes(Comet, Trident, Vickers VC10)

Recently became aware of these rather impressive planes.

I'm only so far trying the Bac 1-11 but running through the checklist, I am unable to get the APU to properly start up within my FSX Acceleration.

I understand FSX isn't totally supported but wanted to see if anyone has this plane working fully and properly in their FSX Accel install?

its discussed on page 1of the forum of classic british flight sim sub section cbfs forum

Haven't read the thread

Best

Jaz

The APU not workking on the BAC 1-11 is a known issue when porting it into FSX. To fix that, you're going to want to download the file named "DM_1-11.cab" here. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24145&start=60

Simply download the file, and stick it into your panel file for the 1-11. Allow it to overwrite the previous version. The APU will now start, run, and operate as it should.

Holy cow, after way too many trials and errors, I finally got an APU to start. That thread has many files and fixes listed.

Only one so far I got working was for the 510ED, the only plane I'm not interested in. <figures>

Arg, tried all the planes, only one that the APU starts on is the 510ED.

Anyone get the 200-500 working at all?

Arg, tried all the planes, only one that the APU starts on is the 510ED.

Anyone get the 200-500 working at all?

Yup, I've been happily puttering around in the BAC 1-11-200. I forgot to mention that you must use your keyboard shortcut for "Starter 3". Just pressing the button won't work, except on the -510.

Yup, I've been happily puttering around in the BAC 1-11-200. I forgot to mention that you must use your keyboard shortcut for "Starter 3". Just pressing the button won't work, except on the -510.

Ah, BINGO!!  Yes, important bit of info missing there. (Disregard my PM request for the .cab file. )

Now the APU does indeed startup and generator kicks in properly. Thank you very much! Now I can try and start the rest of the plane.

Hello, has anyone out there the config of Maltby's great HS 121 Trident for shockwave lights? I searched the www for it but nowhere seems to use anyone these great lights for that beautiful plane. :( Would really appreciate any hint for this config!

Thxs

Cheers, Yeti