Sign in to follow this  
spiffy

Graphic novel featuring aviation

Hi guys,

I hope this kind of post is ok in this forum... Just yesterday I received an email from AVSIM saying I hadn't been active for over a year, and that maybe I'd like to check in again!  Well, I've been really busy working away on a personal project, a graphic novel, and it completely ate up the spare time I usually spend flight simming.  But as coincidence would have it, it does involve flight simulation.  

I'm not sure it will be for everyone here, being combat oriented, but one chapter involves ww2 fighter engagements, and presents a story that is heavily based in my experiences flight simming in IL2, BoB2:WoV and War Thunder, but also draws on general knowledge picked up from many of the other sims I have played, like FSX of course. 

The other chapters vary in setting, from deep space to ancient times, but they all reflect an appreciation of tactics, technology, and detail, and are written in a thoughtful tone that I think this community would appreciate.  

It is digital only... a tablet is a fantastic comic reader, but any phone or PC screen will do!  You can look up the book, "A Wary Distance", and where to get it at http://www.spiffy-comics.com/

I will leave you with a full page for you to look at; there are more at the site. I hope that some of you will find something to like in my project!  And now that it's done, I'll follow AVSIM's advice and see you back in the virtual skies :)

041.jpg

Hmmm, a P51D and a Bf 109 E. A bit anachronistic but hey...

Bruno