Sign in to follow this  
ReneB

ORBX England/Scotland and GEX

Hello,

I'm considering the purchase of ORBX/FTX England and Scotland (later on Wales as well). Currently I'm using UTX (Europe) and GEX (Europe), but for the UK, in which I do more than half of my flights, I find the appearance of GEX simply not enough 'English'. However, for the odd flight from, say, EGKK to EDDL or LSZH, it would be OK to still have GEX for Germany or Switzerland. Does anyone know whether this is possible, or do I just have to revert to default FSX textures when flying outside the UK? Thanks in advance for any input.

Kind regards,

René

If you've got GEX/UTX installed you'll still see that when outside Orbx areas, even with Orbx Europe selected. There are (were?) issues with England not playing nicely with Europe, but I've not noticed. No doubt that's being worked on if it's still a problem.

Mike

GEX is just textures. It can exist alongside orbx regions. Wherever you do not have orbx, gex will show. Same with UTX as long as orbx stuff is above UTX in scenery library. Orbx is releasing a global texture pack next week called FTX Global. If you like orbx's style of textures it will be a great product to cover the entire world. They plan to also release landclass products called openlc for areas of the world based on osm open street map data. They are including openlc for Baltic europe in FTX Global.

Thank you both very much for the replies!

Regards,

René