Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

T7 fuel planner

What about the fuel planner ?

Since TOPCAT is busy with PFPX, i don't think they will work on this too soon for PMDG T7.

I believe that PFPX, including TOPCAT, will provide a professional level flight planning tool.

Can't wait.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

For NGX and 747 i use TOPCAT, for the AXE i use the fuel planner that comes with it. i'll give it a try with the ngx just to see the diferences (between fuelplanner.com and topcat)

Keep in mind that TOPCAT is not a fuel planner, it only estimates the amount needed. Cruise levels, wind components, alternates etc. are not put into consideration. Still, better than nothing, and I'm thankful to have it for the time being.

However I am convinced that such accurate simulations by PMDG and the likes also require accurate flight planning. Therefore, I can't wait for PFPX, hoping that they will provide realistic profiles for the MD-11, B737 and B777.

What about the fuel planner ?

Since TOPCAT is busy with PFPX, i don't think they will work on this too soon for PMDG T7.

I believe that PFPX, including TOPCAT, will provide a professional level flight planning tool.

Can't wait.

The guys at PFPX/TOPCAT stated that there will be a link between TOPCAT (if you own it, of course) and PFPX (you can also see it in one of the videos). Therefore, I guess that (since the 777 is not modelled in TOPCAT and, in my opinion, will not be modelled for a long time given the time it takes them to finish anything) we won't be able to do any Take-Off and Landing performance calculation for the 777 with PFPX/TOPCAT.

I hope PMDG EFB (when they release it) will be able to calculate performances, and for fuel, I can make manual calculation in few minutes.

Hi Markus,

I have extremely high expectations of both PFPX and PMDG777 being absolutely fabulous products.

Having once worked with Christian Grill, I know that he has the highest standards for PFPX, and I am sure that that will include very accurate fuel calculations for supported aircraft. I also have great expectations that the quality of the PMDG777 will exceed that of their PMDG737Ng, if that is conceivable.

I have expectations, though absolutely no proof, that Operational Flight Plans generated by PFPX will be fed to the PMDG777. I guess that we will see the beginnings of a complete implementation of ACARS and/or CPDLC.

As to the fuel plans for the PMDG777, we have to await release. But I would be very surprised if such an important element of 777 simulation was not accurately modelled.

I am sure that PMDG are fully aware of the high expectations we pilots have for the PMDG777. I am also sure that they are busting their guts to make the release of astounding quality.

I hope that my optimism is very infectious!

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

GE90-110/115B will burn around 3200KG every 30 minutes at Mach .83/84 - I'll use that and work from there until PFPX is released. Make sure you're expecting to arrive with anything between 10-20 tons on the progress page and you're golden. To be honest - not many people on FS seem to care as long as they can get there. Diverting isn't really a thing so it seems...

In these modern planes you can always use the FMC as it's the most accurate you can get.Just make sure to leave some extra as reserves for holdings and alternates and you're good to go!

I just took a hard look at PFPX and wow it looks amazing.  Looks almost identical to LIDO.  

I just took a hard look at PFPX and wow it looks amazing. Looks almost identical to LIDO.

Lido would be beautiful to have ha