Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

T7 fuel planner

Lido would be beautiful to have ha

Oh i've been searching for it on some questionable websites :-)

#FMC

Why bother with anything else?

Some people like the flight planning stage even better than the flight stage I guess.  The more programs and stuff we get to use before jumping in the VC the better maybe?  I myself use the FMC in NGX for fuel, but cross check on TOPCAT just for fun.  

This PFPX looks amazing though so I'll be using that for the trip7.  

Adding to what Ryan said, here's a quote from the PFPX designer: "Flightsimsoft Christian Grill in PFPX, the 777 is included".

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

#FMC

Why bother with anything else?

Realism. Proper fuel calculation is a crucial part of any commercial flight operation. And I have to say it is quite rewarding to see your own planning turn out to be precise at the end of a flight. :smile:

The more accurate tools and realistic aircraft available, the better, of course.

PFPX will be amazing. Just take a look at this sample OFP : www.pfpx.com/Sample.pdf

It now is estimated to be released mid/end August. Can't wait for sure :)

Then we can start some proper flight preparation and execution.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Just take a look at this sample OFP : www.pfpx.com/Sample.pdf

I am going to have to restock on paper :Hypnotized:

I am going to have to restock on paper :Hypnotized:

iPaddddd! But I actually see the appeal for paper OFP's on a clipboard...

iPaddddd! But I actually see the appeal for paper OFP's on a clipboard...

I'll use a tablet PC for terminal and enroute charts (+inflight magazines :Whistle: ).

I don't know of an airline that has gone completely paperless so far, and a printed OFP makes sense since you're going to fill in the gaps (usually initialization coordinates, times, fuel burn...) and cross check it to the computed data along the flight.

I'll use a tablet PC for terminal and enroute charts (+inflight magazines :Whistle: ).

I don't know of an airline that has gone completely paperless so far, and a printed OFP makes sense since you're going to fill in the gaps (usually initialization coordinates, times, fuel burn...) and cross check it to the computed data along the flight.

Ha yeah. The only paper I use at the moment is my Jeppesen Atlantic Plotting Chart! Finally something proper to do in cruise.. Can't wait for it.

exactly :)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

An abacus and a slide rule should be sufficient.

Finally something proper to do in cruise.. Can't wait for it.

Yes -- so can't I.

I only hope that the aircraft's performance data used by PFPX for the calculations fits the peformance data PMDG (and others) uses for their simulation... anyone? Ryan? ;)

Realism. Proper fuel calculation is a crucial part of any commercial flight operation. And I have to say it is quite rewarding to see your own planning turn out to be precise at the end of a flight.
The more accurate tools and realistic aircraft available, the better, of course.

Realism in the sense of...?

You're right that fuel calculation is a crucial part of any flight operation (not just commercial.)  The FMC is going to be the most accurate tool out there, so why waste time (and spend money on) tools that aren't as accurate?

Sure, it's somewhat neat when numbers work out closely, but there's nothing truly more realistic about using a separate program.  In reality, the dispatcher is using the same code as is written into the FMC anyway...

Kyle Rodgers