Sign in to follow this  
beemaa

Wheel chocks removal / apply

Hi all,

I just purchased the FS2Crew 737 bundle edition, installed it, all went fine...

However, when i set everything up, click on remove chocks in the FS2Crew options, my screen goes black like its taken me back to my desktop (or in the middle of taking me back) and then i have to hit control alt delete to get into task manager and need to switch back to FSX.

When I finally do get back in, the FSX screen now has a square looking black box on the top left hand side, coveres the FSX menus, and extends half way down the screen. If i try to click on the back box, the screen goes all black again and i have to ctrl alt delete to get back in again, seems like it almost freezes up FSX.

Im also running GSX for the custom views etc and ofcourse PMDG 737-800, all software has been updated as i thought it may be a bug. FS2Crew is 2.3.

Your help would be appreciated, its driving me nuts as i cant move the aircraft on its own power, keeps saying the park brake is set also, not sure if thats related to the wheel chocks but even when i pushback, the silly wheel chocks remain on :-S

in relation to your  wheel chooks  being  still in is  that you have  to use the fmc  option to remove it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just a reminder, for Bryan to offer support he needs your name added at the end of the post.

Glen

Glen

Hi Guys, I tried to remove the wheel chocks via FMC and still can't move. Its like parking brake won't release and chocks still visible. Screen still goes black....

Pedro

actually. when I switch over the fmc to wheel chocks on and Akron on etc... somehow the fs2crew switches them all off so in fmc everything is off including wheel chocks... but still visible externally and park brake still on and wkont release

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Black Window:  That's where FS2Crew is trying to play a video. 

1. Make sure you are in Windowed Mode (ALT ENTER).  This is documented in the manual if you want to use the Video Marshaller.  If you use Full Screen mode with the Video Marshaller, FSX can hang up.  Note that using the Video Marshaller is optional... you don't need to use it.

2. Also ensure Windows Media Player is installer.  Some people, for whatever reason, try to remove Windows Media Player, and the Video Marshaller needs it to play the video.

3. Chocks:  I'm not sure.  If you can't remove them via the FMC, then that's odd.  That issue may be connected to your Video Marshaller problem.

Thanks for the help Byork, I'll try in windowed mode when I get home and let u know if jt works.

Pedro