Sign in to follow this  
amanda lovatt

Frame rate

Sorry, I know this question has been answered before, but I couldn't get my 737 to run on a higher FPS than 10. Usually, with everything on Ultra High I get about 60fps. I really don't need fancy graphics, specially on the cockpit (where the fps drops more).

Is there a simple way to turn the graphics down on PMDG?

Hi,

Not really. You can win just couple of FPS by reducing the FPS of display refresh, by turning down the panel quality outside the sim and by deactivating displays. You might win couple of FPS, but that's it. Certainly no 60fps.

I don't mind running it at 30 fps, but could you be a little more detailed on how to do the things you described? I'm not really into these things =P

As Simon said, there is the performance manager in the PMDG start menu folders. I have not really used it much, but maybe the lower resolution settings help the frame rate?

I don't mind running it at 30 fps, but could you be a little more detailed on how to do the things you described? I'm not really into these things =P

Press the start menu - All Programs - PMDG Simulations - PMDG 737NGX - Performance Manager. In the Performance Manager you can choose your desired settings for high resolution textures, or low resolution textures. This should give you a performance gain

You should have this menu option, this is not in fsx, it's in windows start menu and is added during NGX installation

I installed an update and now I don't have reflections, which is good, now the exterior runs fine. The cockpit is the problem

You should have this menu option, this is not in fsx, it's in windows start menu and is added during NGX installation

I know, it's weird  that I don't have it.

I tried to do so many cfg changes and now that this seems simple I don't have that menu LOL

I know, it's weird  that I don't have it.

I tried to do so many cfg changes and now that this seems simple I don't have that menu LOL

Try searching for "Performance Manager" in the Start Menu search bar (clicking on the Windows Logo on the bottom left of your screen will bring up the menu).

You said in this post that you could send him your fsx.cfg. Could you send me too? I tried to copy from your message but it's impossible.

Try searching for "Performance Manager" in the Start Menu search bar (clicking on the Windows Logo on the bottom left of your screen will bring up the menu).

I'll re-install the whole program again when I wake up =P

I'll keep you posted.

You said in this post that you could send him your fsx.cfg. Could you send me too? I tried to copy from your message but it's impossible.

I'll re-install the whole program again when I wake up =P

I'll keep you posted.

I can send you my fsx.CFG, but that was really old post - 2 years ago. I have now overclocked 2700K and very different cfg. 

To find NGX performance manager, go to your FSX main folder \PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PerfMan. You will see there "NGXPerfMan.exe"

Might want to start with the basics and list your pertinent PC specs. Then give specific settings and location examples where you go from 60fps to 10fps simply by switching to the PMDG737.