Sign in to follow this  
Avi8tor1

Ground friction?

Hey guys,

Is there anyway to adjust the ground friction in FSX to become more realistic? You need a lot of power to get an aircraft moving in the game however (in most cases) in real life all you need to do is release the brakes and the aircraft will be moving! It'll make taxiing turboprop aircraft within the game (such as Turbine Duke and Twin Otter) much, MUCH easier.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The latest FSUIPC versions apparently have a module that alters ground friction.

- E:

Apparently, adding

patchsim1friction=Yes
to the "[General]" section in FSUIPC suffices to activate the submodule. Turboprops are reported to have improved handling characteristics.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The latest FSUIPC versions apparently have a module that alters ground friction.

- E:

Apparently, adding

patchsim1friction=Yes
to the "[General]" section in FSUIPC suffices to activate the submodule. Turboprops are reported to have improved handling characteristics.

Is this the newest registered version that allows this? And do I just add that into the config file in FSUIPC?

Has this anything to do with the Lua Friction module? Will the Lua be obsolete and unnecessary when applying this?

Thanks,

23.png

Has this anything to do with the Lua Friction module? Will the Lua be obsolete and unnecessary when applying this?

Thanks,

I think you don't need the line if you run the module.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

It's independent of registration status and yes, it goes in the .ini.

So no need to register? Where do I find the .ini file? I'm looking through my AppData folder and I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

EDIT: Found the .ini in the Modules folder of FSX. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. It still takes 50% power or so to get it rolling...one it is rolling it accelerates VERY quickly which is highly unrealistic.