Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Contrails Pro any good?

Since finding out that planes are only labeled for 10nm out, figured adding contrails or smoke would help decorate the skies a bit more.

This thing worth the $15? Early version reviews say no but wonder if they were a bit harsh?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have used Contrails Pro for a long time and have NO issues or anything negative to report. The product works as advertised. I fly exclusively on VATSIM and immensely enjoy seeing contrails from other ONLINE pilots.

I choose to not activate any fake labels for traffic and Contrails Pro helps me obtain visual citing of any other aircraft at higher altitudes. I recommend this product highly.

WAT1460.png

I've heard it has a heavy FPS impact..

It looks very old as well. I wouldn't buy it.

I have used Contrails Pro for a long time and have NO issues or anything negative to report. The product works as advertised. I fly exclusively on VATSIM and immensely enjoy seeing contrails from other ONLINE pilots. I choose to not activate any fake labels for traffic and Contrails Pro helps me obtain visual citing of any other aircraft at higher altitudes. I recommend this product highly.

Are you able to know where a plane is TONS further out than the 10nm labels allow? You know like the clouds render about 100nm into the horizon, do contrails show up that far away?

Edit: I see there is a demo. Is it a 'clean demo' that won't muck up my planes and FSX setup and uninstalls fully I wonder?

I still have the old Rex 3d contrails they put out as freeware ages ago, they do look sweet :)

They pulled them as some people complained about them messing up fsx but ive never had issues with them.

-Paul-

Only thing I did - I adjusted the contrails to last 180s (3 minutes) in FlusiFix, no need for some contrails pro, or 3d contrails, possible fps killers.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

It's one of my cornerstone add-ons, I personally really like it. No FPS impact for me, even on a 'cutting-edge-in-2008' system, you can modify the contrails to determine persistence, onset altitude, and visibility distance out to the sim visibility limit.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

There was a fps issue and no contrails on user plane after installing Contrails Pro. Is that solved?

VeryBumpy, on 16 Jul 2013 - 1:05 PM, said:

Are you able to know where a plane is TONS further out than the 10nm labels allow? You know like the clouds render about 100nm into the horizon, do contrails show up that far away?

Edit: I see there is a demo. Is it a 'clean demo' that won't muck up my planes and FSX setup and uninstalls fully I wonder?

VeryBumpy,

Just like every other add on - some will have issues and complain and some will praise. In answer to your questions, the user has full control over the contrail's properties with respect to :

A) Minimum contrail altitude (set in feet , eg 15,000 feet)

B Contrail length (in nautical miles)

C) Contrail Visibility (in nautical miles)

D) Contrail Density (slider set to desired percentage) This can lower the FPS hit if your system is a little slower / Modern systems can handle 100% easily

Other adjustable features to adjust texture quality and data points used.

Free Demo can be run thru your AddOn Menu bar inside FSX - I never UNINSTALLED so cannot tell you if anything negative

To get a good idea of how far the contrails can be seen - please look at the Screen shots - product performs exactly as seen for me :wub:

http://www.flightsimtools.com/contrails/

WAT1460.png

Contrails Pro any good?......YES !

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...