Sign in to follow this  
bfalcao

Doubt: Custom waypoint creation from another custom waypoint

Hi all,

I am now flying from TNCM to SBBE and I just added a custom waypoint from the BEL (Belem) VOR on my FMC using "BEL245/10".

The FMC created a new waypoint called BEL01, perfect so far, and it's right where I wanted it to be.

Now, how can I create another custom waypoint from this last waypoint ?

I tried "BEL01270/10" but it says "NOT IN DATABASE" ... Well, then I called a friend of mine that is pilot on a real Airline (B738 pilot) and he told me that it's possible to create one using the "BEL01270/10" ...

Any reasons why it wasn't created ?

Sorry it this thread was already spoken or if it comes on the manual .. tried to check it with no luck :(

Thank you!!!

Bruno Falcão

I'm in the middle of a KJFK-KLAX flight and I tried it with the STL fix.  I copied STL to the scratchpad and added /-20 to it.   I selected STL (LSK 2L) and it inserted STL01 20nm prior to STL.  I then copied STL01 to the scratchpad and added /-10 to it.  I selected STL01 (now at LSK 2L) and it inserted a 2nd STL01 10nm prior to the first STL01.  So it worked but I have two STL01's.

UPDATE:  I also tried using a bearing and distance and got the same "Not in database" msg.   ESPAN to ESPAN210/10, which created ESP01.  Then I tried ESP01230/15 and got the error.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

For some reason, this doesn't work on the NGX. I asked around the time SP1 came out, and I think Tabs said they haven't done it yet because it requires writing files to the FS directory while the game is running (I might be wrong on the reason though).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

This is something we may do for SP2. The 777 has all of the real life functionality for doing this type of thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,

Thank you for your answers :) ... Then I will wait for SP2 ... I think it's worth the try since if in the real aircraft you can do it, then why not on our beloved PMDG one ? :)

Will wait for SP2 ;) ...