Sign in to follow this  
jonkjon1959

CIRRUS_SR2X_10X By Jason Chandler

I purchased the Cirrus SR2X_10X from Jason Chandler and it is an amazing plane to fly in X-Plane 10.22. I keep noticing after takeoff that my oil pressure and oil temp is going through the roof. They are basically pegged. I am new to this aircraft and constant speed props in general. What am I missing here? I'm sure it's something simple so forgive my ignorance. Generally, I apply 100% power, full rich, booster pump on, flaps 50% until about 1000 ft and then drop to cruise at 75% power and no flaps (unless I stay in the pattern), turn off booster pump. Thanks for any suggestions with this.

All I can tell you, is that the constant speed prop wouldn't have anything to do with high oil pressure & temp. I've installed the real life C/S props, the governors, the oil coolers, and gauges. At least I'm quite familiar with their operation. Does it actually call for that much flap?

Found some good info over at Cirrus Owners & Pilots Assoc. about high oil temp and pressure being a fairly common worry with the sr20. They say get the plane in the air more quickly after firing it up. i.e., limit the ground time after starting especially on warm days. It was also suggested to drop the rpms back to 2500 shortly after takeoff an climb out at the recommended 100-110 knots. I believe I was climbing with too much power and to great of an angle for too long after takeoff. I believe I was only at around 85 knots for a good part of the climb.  

I just did a quick flight around my home airport and followed what they said and had no issues. :Party:

Glad you got your problems solved :) I agree that the Cirrus a nice little plane, I used to fly it a lot some time ago, and I like Jason Chandler's approach an airplanes.

However, since the Cessna Corvalis is 64-bit compatible, I basically stopped using the Cirrus ... the Corvalis has a halfway-decent G1000, which makes it outstanding among all other XP GA planes...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir