Sign in to follow this  
dwildkat

New cockpit for 737 MAX

Pffffft. Yeah, right.

Lol i know right? I would hope they could leave at least most of the layout the same, but replace some switches with 777 style push-buttons

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Lol i know right? I would hope they could leave at least most of the layout the same, but replace some switches with 777 style push-buttons

That is what I would like to see.

I think the Luddites at SWA put the kibosh on that with the NG.

Matt Cee

That is what I would like to see.

I doubt that will happen, they'll want to keep as much commonality with the previous generations as possible. That's why the NG has the old style switches, to minimize differences from the Classic series, which itself was designed to minimize differences from the original series (100/200).

Steve Caffey

I can't believe they are showing the "six pack" press to recall flight warning system. That is without a doubt the worst part of the 737. It may work properly in the NGX but rarely works right on the the first press in the real plane. Actually sometimes it doesn't work right when there is an actual fault. With all that glass it's disappointing that they didn't come up with a proper EICAS system. Hell there's plenty of room to have one on the NG. Okay rant over.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I can't believe they are showing the "six pack" press to recall flight warning system. That is without a doubt the worst part of the 737. It may work properly in the NGX but rarely works right on the the first press in the real plane. Actually sometimes it doesn't work right when there is an actual fault. With all that glass it's disappointing that they didn't come up with a proper EICAS system. Hell there's plenty of room to have one on the NG. Okay rant over.

Master Caution? But there's no lights. . .  Press to test, half of the lights work. . . If this light goes out, it's a standby failure, if it stays on it's another thing. . .

Put it on one of those freaking huge LCDs, ya morons!

And I know there's a STEEP DESCENT after HAWKZ! You've told me 15 times and we're not even to cruise!

Matt Cee

jeez they still need to get rid of that crappy six pack annunciator system

I'm also surprised that there is no chime or tone for when the master caution lights up. 

You do realise if they change or the systems it's a massive effort to get everything recertified with the FAA, etc.

The new displays simplifies things tremendously for the cockpit builder, but we probably won't see flyengravity or FDS bring a MIP of this model out until 2020 or when there is demand.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

i personally don't see the point with those big screens. they look congested with too much information. my personal preference would be simple displays with basic information which are much easier to read :/

i personally don't see the point with those big screens. they look congested with too much information. my personal preference would be simple displays with basic information which are much easier to read :/

I actually like those big screens and you can make better customization as to what id displayed, I think future Boeing aircraft will follow the 787's lead and this is their attempt at cockpit commonality which is something that Airbus mastered in the early 90's. 

I wonder if there is any second guessing about the topic of the article on page 36 of that issue?

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I want to see the If Boeing made any changes to the overhead panel. The 737 overhead panel has remained virtual unchanged since the 1960s.

If it ain't broke...

If it ain't broke...

I do like your avatar  :wub: