Sign in to follow this  
alcanallen

ISD LIRF 2005

Hi all! :rolleyes:  I need to rid the file of static aircraft that double park at LIRF,the other ISD sceneries istructions are clear but the authors have omitted the file names, does anyone have the secret? ie bgl file that rids the otherwise super scenery of tatty statics.

Cheers, Alcan. :wacko:

I have LIRF 2005 and there is no double parking ever! So perhaps your problem is not with the scenery.

Same here (no double parked aircraft), though for the life of my I can't remember if I removed static aircraft from the scenery or not. I don't recall ISD ever using static aircraft, but I certainly could be mistaken.

If there are static aircraft, they will be in the underlying "scenery" folder and the files most likely titled by aircraft type. If they're there, just remove the files, but place the files in a separate sub-folder in case you need to put them back (such in the case where you're missing a building instead of an aircraft). 

The above said, I'd suggest you verify that you don't have another LIRF scenery or AFCAD installed as that is more likely the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Remove or disable the files (in folder Scenery):

LIRF_S1.bgl
LIRF_S2.bgl
LIRF_S3.bgl
LIRF_S4.bgl

You can also remove or disable (in folder Texture).

a320*.bmp
b737*.bmp
b767*.bmp
md80*.bmp

After removing the static aircraft you can use AF2_LIRF_Full.bgl which provides a full set of parking lots.

The file AF2_LIRF_Statics.bgl excludes parking lots occupied by static aircraft.

Thanks for replying folks,i removed the bgl`s LIRF_S1.bglLIRF_S2.bglLIRF_S3.bglLIRF_S4.bgl

but the statics are still there,whats annoying is a320`s from US origin and no A320 on earth will reach LIRF.

I have 3 AF2 files for ISD scenery.

Will search LIRF scenery file today!

Cheers,alcanallen

ScanAFD is a small program to check for multiple AFD files. Search the Avsim lib  for scanafd.zip.

Having more than one AFD file (like AF2_LIRF.BGL) for any given airport is a no-no, and can lead to symptoms like you are reporting.

Just to point out that ScanAFD doesn't locate all AFCADs - it seems to miss a lot of folders, like airports in FS9/Aerosoft folder, for example. It also includes certain taxiway marking and windsock bgl files as AFCADs, and you probably don't want to delete those. So, just thought I'd post a word of warning. It's a useful tool, but you have to be able to 'interpret' the results.

I would search your whole FS drive using Windows Search, or similar, for any file containing LIRF in the file name.

if you disable the LIRF scenery in the scenery library, are the statics gone? If so, you know they are in the LIRF folder somewhere. If not, then search as suggested.

Good luck!