Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

Intercity Airways now VATSIM approved

Intercity Airways is proud to announce it is now
an official VATSIM approved partner airline
This reflects the work and dedication by our pilots and staff in making us a leading virtual airline. It means you can join us in the confidence that we're regularly audited by VATSIM to ensure we meet their quality standards and we will fully support in your online flying endeavours. Look out for ICX as you fly through the friendly VATSIM skies!

sml_gallery_4_9_114354.jpgsml_gallery_1_5_107302.jpg

Intercity is a large regional virtual airline operating from London City, Birmingham and Edinburgh across Europe using PMDG's Jetstream 41 and Majestic's MJC Dash 8 Q400. Flights with Intercity are generally under 2 hours, so our pilots spend more time flying in and out of exciting locations, and less time monitoring instruments and watching clouds! Choose from 600+ daily flights to over 80 destinations, including challenging airports such as London City, Sion and Innsbruck!

Intercity is aimed at pilots who want to be able to simulate real flying as closely as possible and prides itself on the experience it offers pilots; flight tracking and pilot logbook using our bespoke Intercity ACARS software, multiplayer event co-ordination, SOPs, friendly forums and support for the latest addons.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Do you provide training for non European fliers ? Meaning basically a crash course in flying over there?

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Do you provide training for non European fliers ? Meaning basically a crash course in flying over there?

Not officially, but I did write a brief "conversion course" a while ago and I'll post it up here (and in our own forums) later on. If you need help with routing, there is a publicly accessible guide on our forums already. I'll see if I can dig out anyone else's guides that might be a little more comprehensive.

Does look promising... But have neither of the aircraft :P

We've got a freeware alternative for the Dash 8 Q400 from Dreamwings with a custom 2D panel and soundpack, if you can live without a VC :lol: Unfortunately the only freeware J41 models are AI quality :(

Hoping to add some jets in the future, FS Labs A320 (when it comes out, don't hold your breath lol) and perhaps Wilco's E-190/E-195 so watch this space ^_^ Not sure those types will agree with your forum signature though haha

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Not sure those types will agree with your forum signature though haha

You're right XD. I don't fly the propeller passenger aircraft. Just the heavies!

Take care!

As promised, here is the brief conversion course I wrote a few years ago.

It's designed to help pilots who usually fly in North American airspace adjust to flying in Europe, talking through the key differences in a single and concise document. Unfortunately, these considerations mean that this document is not recommended for novice pilots. It doesn't go in to the specifics for each individual country, but it covers all the important things.

You can access the crash course at this web address:

http://viaintercity.com/forums/topic/60-european-atc-conversion-course-for-north-american-pilots/

I hope you'll find it useful

support1.jpg

Thanks! Going to give this and your VA a look tonight!

Sent from my Apple communications device.