Sign in to follow this  
bic

people on board

I was lucky when we landed KATL-KLAS in a Delta 757-300, that the Capt quite willingly answered my questions as regards the SID, the STAR, vApp. I discovered the same on the SWA flights too.The FAs did not shoo me towards the exit when I asked if I could speak to the FD. Don't think that would happen here.I found US aircrew much more accommodating.

Same willingness to answer questions on the EGCC-KATL A330-200.

Good to see. Australians and Americans are quite laid back.....

"I could easily munch my way through a punnet of grapes, 3-4 scones, 5 cups of tea, a bottle of water, a fruit salad, half a pack of biscuits, a dinner, a breakfast, a desert and then some more over the course of a crossing.... It's not even funny how much I could eat on one flight..."

@Ró: I picture you telling the passengers all that when you've run through all the stuff about the plane, crew etc. while waiting for take-off.. :P

"I could easily munch my way through a punnet of grapes, 3-4 scones, 5 cups of tea, a bottle of water, a fruit salad, half a pack of biscuits, a dinner, a breakfast, a desert and then some more over the course of a crossing.... It's not even funny how much I could eat on one flight..."

@Ró: I picture you telling the passengers all that when you've run through all the stuff about the plane, crew etc. while waiting for take-off.. :P

When you are doing more physical work you feel less hungry too. But sitting around allows the blood to digest everything in your stomach faster thus you can eat more. But you aren't doing too bad because your body burns calories whilst it is constantly being fed. Whereas one large meal with no snacks can cause you to gain weight, from what I have learnt.

"This aircraft is an Airbus A330... General Electric CF6-80E1 engines... I like Grapes... We're going to be pushed back in the next minute or two... Weather in NY is lovely... I could drink loads of tea.... Oooh look, everyone wave at the ramp agent out the left hand side... Mary down the back has been with us 22 years this month... I'll be having the steak today... I don't like bananas in my fruit salad as they make me throw up, and apparently that's bad for the instruments... The A330 first flew in 1994 and I myself was involved in the ETOPS certification process... F/O Seamus Regan here next to me has been on the A330 for 4 years... Sinéad who's the number 3 today likes horse riding in her spare time... We'll be pushing back any minute now and just have to get the last of the paperwork finished... Weather today is, Ooooh, look a cloud... I'll ask you to remain in your seats... Often I could eat a half pack of biscuits on an Atlantic crossing... And thanks again for choosing to fly with us."

Now that's my kind of announcement...  ^_^  :P

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg