Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

My near fatal crash at Gold Coast Airport

This someone's home setup or what's going on? Please explain.

This someone's home setup or what's going on? Please explain.

Red5 Aviation in Brisbane. They've interfaced retired boeing equipment into their system. Absolutely amazing, specially with the 180 degree wrap around view.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

very realistic, I found myself gripping the armchairs during your approach. So why did you crash it looked very recoverable from here

ZORAN

very realistic, I found myself gripping the armchairs during your approach. So why did you crash it looked very recoverable from here

Heres another video of me stalling on Brisbane (YBBN) approach -- yeah I definitely need more practice landing.

The hardest part I found transitioning from my home cockpit to this simulation were the controls -- I did not anticipate so much force would be required to shift the yokes and rudder pedals.

that makes me wonder why force feedback is not so popular in flight sims

ZORAN

Heres another video of me stalling on Brisbane (YBBN) approach -- yeah I definitely need more practice landing.

The hardest part I found transitioning from my home cockpit to this simulation were the controls -- I did not anticipate so much force would be required to shift the yokes and rudder pedals.

You need to do some basic flight training. Flying big jets is useless unless you master the basics. If you got $3000 go and do some Student Pilot training. It is well worth it. Get the books and do some study. I wouldn't bother with those sims until you get hands on flying. You are wasting your money to tell the truth (unless it is good fun crashing?).

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/

The books by Trevor Thom are well worth buying. They are very practical. You will learn so much.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pilots-Manual-Preparation-Maneuvers/dp/1560271841/ref=pd_sim_b_1

If you live in Australia which your Facebook says you do, you can buy them from Moorabin I suppose at a local pilot's shop. Headsets are expensive (I don't have one) but well worth it if you want to consider flying for life.

http://shop.pilotwarehouse.co.uk/product6023catno2890023.html

Just for fun iaf747. It was an affordable experience and it has given me an idea what I want to achieve with my own home cockpit.

Ok. Knowledge will bring understanding. :-)