Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Possible 'Zinertek' FS9 World Texture project, fingers crossed

This is still in preliminary stages right now where one team member is impressed with what we've been discussing and doing regarding updating the look and sharpness of FS9 ground textures (mostly city textures). Anyone interested in a full payware product please email them to let them know your interest 'customerservice@zinertek.com'. Please go look at their products to see what they've already accomplished in the past especially their 'Water' add-on which in my book is the best on the market for updating FS9's water. Here's a note I got back from one of them concerning a possible project:

"Hi Les,

Thanks for your kind comments, we really appreciate them! Looks like you got a nice project there. The screenshots look great!

I'll forward this (and the link you sent me) to the rest of the team and we'll explore the possibility of creating world city textures in high quality. If we are able to implement them into FS9 effectively, we'll definitely release them to the flight simulation market.

Thanks for taking your time and consideration to write us with your suggestions.

Happy flying!

Kindest Regards,

Maurice Roenick."

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

That would be awesome to get a new texture package for FS9

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

How much better than GEPro could they do? The only thing they can do is make a replacement for GEPro with the exact same amount of textures in the exact same resolution.

However hard you try you can't make a 256x256 image look much better that what we already have. Don't you see there is no magic solution for FS9.

How much better than GEPro could they do? The only thing they can do is make a replacement for GEPro with the exact same amount of textures in the exact same resolution.

However hard you try you can't make a 256x256 image look much better that what we already have. Don't you see there is no magic solution for FS9.

Man you are starting to Troll pretty heavy... Me and others are seeing improvement over GE Pro with what we've been testing on our systems. You can argue how it's done but who cares as long as the results look much improved.

FS2020 

I'm just being realistic and I think I'll leave you and your utopia alone now.

How much better than GEPro could they do?

The only problem with this argument is that, using this same reasoning, one could say that FTX Global can't be much better than Ground Environment X as they are both 1024x1024 images. Yet reading the comments about FTX Global on the FSX Forum, it looks like a great many people find them a great deal better looking than GEX.

The bottom line is, better images are always possible, it just takes a great deal of time.

You are right that given a specific texture size you can make it look good or bad or anything in between.

With 1024x1024 textures you have more possibilites to be creative but any 256x256 will look blurry when viewed up close, no matter how nicely it's been created.

With 1024x1024 textures you have more possibilites to be creative but any 256x256 will look blurry when viewed up close, no matter how nicely it's been created.

You are correct, the blurries are a given with FS9.

You are right that given a specific texture size you can make it look good or bad or anything in between.

This is a false statement if I go by what I'm seeing on my system... The textures have no more blur than GE Pro they just look better.

FS2020 

I never said they have more blur. The blurriness is the same of course, but one texture can look a little better than another if it's more detailed (the blur is less noticable but it's still there).

Dillon, I see the "experts" are out LMAO. Regardless of the texture size, better artwork will always look nicer. My email has been sent.

Mitch

better artwork will always look nicer

And different artwork will always look different.

No question that for a given resolution, some source material will look better than others.

I've looked at some mountain textures imported from FSX.

Some look really good in FS9, others less so.

Picking the right source material would take an artistic eye, and be quite a bit of work.

Just the kind of thing a good payware outfit would be best at.

If someone like Zinertek did it - my credit card is ready.

Would remove a lot of snake oil from the argument too.

If Zinertek does it, I'll buy it knowing it will be worthwhile. If it can be done, they will be the ones to do it.

As for the naysayers - :Sleepy: .... Waste of time answering them.