Sign in to follow this  
Ashatsea

RW Dispatch question

If you are on flight crew that is at an airport where you don't have a hub or a large presence for your airline say KLM in Tehran. Do you get your paperwork from a dispatcher in EHAM by fax or pc before flying back to your base. Do the airlines work out a deal with a local airline to do your paper work such as load sheets, flt plans and etc? Lastly what is the purpose of Boeings performance info on there EFB if you can get all this info from a dispatcher before the flight or some of the info through the Comms page during the flight?

Disclaimer not a RW pilot!

first of all,KLM doesnt come to tehran anymore since some months ago

i'm a rw pilot of Iran Air A320s.nope for us.we get our sheets from the "Handler".for example,we dont have a station in dammam.the "Load Master" guy from our company come with the flight and goes and gets the sheets and other works(fuel configs,fuel price and so on)

p.s. Loadsheet will be made by passenger boarders!doesnt have any connection with the base station.and we get our flt pln before leavin' base

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

Roger that.... Thanks for the quick response!

youre welcome

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

From my experience, in stations that are not major hubs for an airline, a trained CSR is assign usually as a OPS AGENT at the gate for a specific flight, meaning that this Gate Agent is the person in charge of that flight for this station. They work in conjunction with Dispatch via email handling the dispatch kit and all paperwork that comes from the ramp. Not all airlines operate the same, but this is from what I've experienced.

first of all,KLM doesnt come to tehran anymore since some months ago

i'm a rw pilot of Iran Air A320s.nope for us.we get our sheets from the "Handler".for example,we dont have a station in dammam.the "Load Master" guy from our company come with the flight and goes and gets the sheets and other works(fuel configs,fuel price and so on)

p.s. Loadsheet will be made by passenger boarders!doesnt have any connection with the base station.and we get our flt pln before leavin' base

Captain, is it fun to fly Boeing on a simulation while flying Airbus in real world? just wondering. cheers.

It depends, on the airline, or the airport... sometimes even on the type.

Do you get your paperwork from a dispatcher in EHAM by fax or pc before flying back to your base.

On shorter flights, the paperwork would usually be done before departing base. (e.g. you get two plans - one out, one in). 

Do the airlines work out a deal with a local airline to do your paper work such as load sheets, flt plans and etc?

Local service provider will almost always have to do the loadsheet, since the information is subject to change at last minute (although sometimes it is possible that the service provider will send the info to the airline and they create a loadsheet and forward it to crew via ACARS or so).

Flightplans are made by the airline and can be delivered to the crew by handler if so arranged (for example, we would give 6D crew access to our computer and they would download the briefing pack from the company, IIRC the VO overnight crew would be supplied by their airline office, for others we would only give them fresh weather and NOTAMs)

Lastly what is the purpose of Boeings performance info on there EFB if you can get all this info from a dispatcher before the flight or some of the info through the Comms page during the flight?

So you don't have to do it through dispatch. It is faster to do fast calcs yourself, especially if the airline does not have ACARS implemented (some airlines have automated performance calcs via ACARS, in that case it makes as good as no difference to EFB... when ACARS works)

yeah fabo,ACARS made everything simpler,but we still dont have it,what a pitty!

And for Daniel,yes,its fun but not some hours before your flight!will confuse you.my dad(which is a TRI/TRE on 320)says i have to dont do that (fly fsx) somedays before my flight,says its dangerous(and he's right)

flying boeing will make you to read aome parts of airbus fctm,qrh and fcom parts(as i'm a book-worm of 'em!)

these days,we have 7 320s but 3 of them are active with about 20 sets of crew.so i have only 1 flight per week(terrible situation,believe me).so,my only hobies are going out with high school friends,flying fsx(unfortunately,a boeing:737ng) and so on

so "who says his situation is worse than me?"!

correction:aeome -> some

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

At the airline I worked for, the CSR who is working the flight prints out the release and gives it to the crew. This includes everything, route, nav log, NOTAMS, fuel plan, weight and balance, takeoff calculations, etc.. And it all comes out from a roll of paper, which can be quite long. This makes for an interesting challenge for the agent, having to fold it in such a way that it's usable. I worked at a hub, so I assume it's the same at all the out stations as well.

Steve Caffey

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.